M8 Firmware 2.004

dfarkas

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What is the advantage of discreet advance??? Thanks for all.

It's quieter. Rather than the Kerr Chug (which isn't really that loud), you get the Kerr when you press the shutter, and the Chug when you lift your finger off the button - this could be a couple of seconds later or longer when you may have moved to a nosier environment, or away from the subject.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

hamzaaytac, the advantage is that you only get the "click" when you take the picture, the wrrrrrr sound come when you release the shutter. this mean you can take a picture and wait until a noisy moment to release the shutter button. it is very effective in masking the camera noise at events..

Personally I would love to have a option for the EV comp to be directly assigned to the control wheel.. no half-press required, just dial the wheel to change compensation... it could be a selectable option for 2.005 :D

Can I use the same SD card to upload the firmware upgrade to both my M8 bodies?

I can't see why not. The body doesn't know that the card's been used to update a different body.

The only problem I can think of is if you are using an SDHC card and one of the bodies have firmware prior to v2.

Jeff, I don't have WinZip on my computer, I send a SD(notSDHC) card toLeica NJ and they send me my card back to upload upgrades. I will call Dave Elwell on Monday, March 2 and ask him about this. If you are correct, I will have to send 2 SD cards every time I need to do these upgrades. Both cameras have the current firmware version.Russell