SL3 firmware wishlist

geesbert

Advertisement (gone after registration)

What do you think needs addressing in hopefully sonn FW updates?

some ideas:

- Please loose this stupid wrong battery prompt. If you allow backwards compatibility with older batteries don't get on my nerves for telling me EVERY time I wake up the camera that I use one of the too many Old batteries I bought from Leica. My Sony TX5 from 2010 tells me once when I put in a new battery that I have to make sure to close the door, then never again.

- Better battery life 

- Close the shutter when changing lenses. 

- make FN buttons toggles, i.e. like with canon I can push a button to move along selected AF modes for example, with Leica I open a menu

what else? 

Please add the 65x24 aspect ratio option for stills (they don’t have to call it the XPAN format 🙂). Otherwise I’ll need to go to an X2D to get my widescreen fix. Thanks!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, RMF said:

Please add the 65x24 aspect ratio option for stills (they don’t have to call it the XPAN format 🙂). Otherwise I’ll need to go to an X2D to get my widescreen fix. Thanks!

YES YES YES!

• Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

11 minutes ago, RMF said:

You could create a 65x24 overlay image mask, the DNG wouldn't be cropped, but you could compose with the correct aspect ratio

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, geesbert said:

You could create a 65x24 overlay image mask, the DNG wouldn't be cropped, but you could compose with the correct aspect ratio

Yes, exactly what I was thinking. Sort of like what they did with the M10-ASC special aspect ratios. Seems like it would be a minimal effort for Leica to add this.

• Like 2

please allow jpgs to write to CF and DNG to SD. can't be done right now

With my M11 with internal storage I have all my DNGs on cards and let the internal Memory fill up with jpgs as I am going through multiple cards.

• Thanks 1

- Punch in to focus on face/green box when in focus for manual focus lenses. When using the SL3 with manual lenses you can already get a box around the face, would be great if Leica had the ability to punch into the face for focus or had a focus confirmation indicator like Nikon/Canon do on their systems. This feature would  get me to buy the SL3. 

- WB Lock feature from SL2 that locks the white balance after hitting record. 

- Multishot hi res mode from SL2

- 4:3 Video recording like SL2 

Wishlist:

- Some type of video on the camera larger than 1080p in resolution, full sensor width. E.G. 1440p/2K like the Arri Alexa resolution would be fine. 4K & 8k on this camera are a cropped rolling shutter mess and push the sensor too far.

• Like 2