Magic Flute

hodimeyer

i'm sure a black & white version would be very nice too, but i was captivated by the 10+ (i stopped counting) different shades of blue in this photo. peaceful - color and composition; positive - that a young person could be so concentrated on his music and instrument.

short summary? magic :)

gruesse aus schnelsen

rick

Nice moment you came up on and captured.

Is this processed intentionally with the blue hue or the original. It is interesting...

Amado

@ALL:

THANX to all :-)

@RICK:

Ibiza Old City - some moments later, the kid wake up and asks for some money :-)

@AMADO:

... here it is (Kodachrome 64, scan Nikon 5000ed)

@ALL:

again - thanx for looking!

I'm sure a B/W version would lokk great, but like Rick I think the blues are too interesting to do away with. I do think you still need a little work on it though--clean it up a bit, get some details out of the shadow across the boy's face(the original is better in this respect). Very nicely composed.

J

The background, the colors, the boys concentration, the symmetrical leaning columns, and the bright silver flute all come together in the composition to make this a magical photo. To my eye and monitor, the post of the original scan as it is seems the most appealing.

Unfortunately, I had not that latitude to operate because of the small jpg, I hope I'm not hurtin' you, but since we're constructive here to improve an already terrific picture, I dared post a small PP version of mine.

Ciao!

Thanx for your suggestion! Very cool! I like your version very much! Thanx again.

Best regards, Horst Dieter