CL - The Image Thread

Here,  another experimental shots for fun, and not "scientifically" at all... I must also point out that they were shots in two different days; therefore, the light is not exactly the same.

- The first is taken with CL and 35 TL. 

- The second is taken with the almighty M10 and the superb 50mm Lux.

Obviously, M and lux give a nicer bokeh, but I believe CL with 35 is not that much behind for sharpness and colors (at least to my eyes).

CL + 35 tl.

p2930937446-6.jpg

M10 and 50mm Summilux.

p2930937447-6.jpg

Thank you for these Louis. You seem to be finding all the dramatic Colour Miami has to offer!

As you say, while show the excellent quality of both pairings but the comparison also shows the difference that the the M10 and 50Lux can make!

- Vikas

• Like 2

Every bit as impressive as the TL 35 1.4 is the TL 60 2.8.  

(CL w TL 60 2.8)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by ropo54
  • Like 16

Clouds have been hogging the sky here lately, so I guess the sun decided to have some fun with them early this morning . . .

CL with 280mm f/2.8 APO-Telyt-R . . . 

• Like 8

Impressive home grown tomatoes, Rob ... 

Thanks, Meerec. Indeed, the caterpillars love them.  

I'm not the one with the green thumb however . . . my better half . . . the one who says "tomato" while I say "tomato". :)

Rob

Edited by ropo54

As you say, while show the excellent quality of both pairings but the comparison also shows the difference that the the M10 and 50Lux can make!

- Vikas

Actually, I think the difference is between the full-frame and the APS-C image size making the image sharpness fall off faster (for the trees in the distance) with the 50 than with the 35, even though the field of view is the same.  I hate to raise this, as it tends to generate long confusing threads, but this is an excellent example of the phenomenon.

• Like 2

Actually, I think the difference is between the full-frame and the APS-C image size making the image sharpness fall off faster (for the trees in the distance) with the 50 than with the 35, even though the field of view is the same.  I hate to raise this, as it tends to generate long confusing threads, but this is an excellent example of the phenomenon.

True.

Nightshot in Thessaloniki, Greece

Leica CL + Summicon-T 23

• Like 12

Last weekend, I borrowed the almighty M10 and the superb 50 mm Lux. Not being used to a rangefinder, I had much trouble to focus in that tiny square and without any diopter. But I still very much enjoyed this beautiful camera and the shots had a superb IQ and great colors. Sadly, I had to return it after 24 hours. :( Also, I was surprised how small it was. Almost the same size as my T.

Then, I borrowed the 35 mm  Summilux TL. And honestly, I am blown away by this lens. With this on your CL,  no need to envy a M10 or a  50 mm Lux. Amazing the sharpness and the gorgeous colors you get with this lens. Very impressing, indeed!

In the coming days, I will post more shots with 35 for those who may be interested.

CL + 35 TL Summilux

attachicon.gifL1000670.jpg

Great shots and wonderful rendering of the 35 TL Lux. Did you by any chance use it on the T...? Haven't seen anything posted in the T-Forum. Its a monster lens (irrespective of the excellent rendering) on the CL : no problems with haptics and handling? thks, Guenter

• Like 1

Great shots and wonderful rendering of the 35 TL Lux. Did you by any chance use it on the T...? Haven't seen anything posted in the T-Forum. Its a monster lens (irrespective of the excellent rendering) on the CL : no problems with haptics and handling? thks, Guenter

Guenter, thank you very much. No, I didn’t have time to test it on T. I only had it for 24 hours, and most of my time was taken by the World Cup. ;)

But I didn’t find it too big. Actually, It was quiet nice on CL. I am used to much bigger lenses on T and CL such as my Angenieux zoom or the Nikor zoom I had but replaced wit my 18-56 t. I really enjoyed it very much and the handling was not a problem at all.

I am sure Rob who has both T and 35 can also give his impression and maybe a shot with 35 on T.

• Like 1

Guenter:

Here are some shots of the T with the TL 35 1.4. (In the next post I'll show the lens on the T body). I do not think there is much of a difference with the TL 35mm on either the T/TL2/CL in terms of its rendering. Obviously the T has fewer pixels but other than that it works well on all 3 cameras.

It is just an excellent lens. I do not mind the size at all, though it is certainly larger than the 23mm, and heavier than the 11-23 and 18-56. 

Rob

Edited by ropo54
  • Like 8

T w 35 1.4 TL lens attached. And, some with the CL as well. The hood is large and makes the lens look more 'burdensome' to carry than it really is.

Rob

Edited by ropo54
  • Like 4

Guenter, thank you very much. No, I didn’t have time to test it on T. I only had it for 24 hours, and most of my time was taken by the World Cup. ;)

But I didn’t find it too big. Actually, It was quiet nice on CL. I am used to much bigger lenses on T and CL such as my Angenieux zoom or the Nikor zoom I had but replaced wit my 18-56 t. I really enjoyed it very much and the handling was not a problem at all.

I am sure Rob who has both T and 35 can also give his impression and maybe a shot with 35 on T.

Louis—the inevitable, though obviously highly subjective question and answer: can you compare your Nikon and Angenieux lenses with the Leica ones? Your pictures are always so brilliantly composed and captured that to my old eyes I don’t discern much difference (except that the Leica ones are exceptionally sharp which is to be expected from native glass). Do you find the colors similar and do you process the photos the same way? Thanks.