CL - The Image Thread

A deadly smile!

CL and 18-56

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 7

He sure got the rhythm!... ;)

CL + 18-56

• Like 9

Last weekend, I borrowed the almighty M10 and the superb 50 mm Lux. Not being used to a rangefinder, I had much trouble to focus in that tiny square and without any diopter. But I still very much enjoyed this beautiful camera and the shots had a superb IQ and great colors. Sadly, I had to return it after 24 hours. :( Also, I was surprised how small it was. Almost the same size as my T.

Then, I borrowed the 35 mm  Summilux TL. And honestly, I am blown away by this lens. With this on your CL,  no need to envy a M10 or a  50 mm Lux. Amazing the sharpness and the gorgeous colors you get with this lens. Very impressing, indeed!

In the coming days, I will post more shots with 35 for those who may be interested.

CL + 35 TL Summilux

• Like 14

Another with CL and 35 TL.

• Like 12

Another with CL and 35 TL.

attachicon.gifL1000672.jpg

Beautiful images. You will enjoy that lens! Here are two more with the same lens. The second one was taken at a wedding. At the end of the ceremony I was very upset to find my lens had been stolen from my camera bag while I’d been using another lens. That evening though it turned out that some kid had taken it out out of curiosity and just left it lying around. A nephew kindly brought it safely back to me that night.

- Vikas

• Like 5

Beautiful images. You will enjoy that lens! Here are two more with the same lens. The second one was taken at a wedding. At the end of the ceremony I was very upset to find my lens had been stolen from my camera bag while I’d been using another lens. That evening though it turned out that some kid had taken it out out of curiosity and just left it lying around. A nephew kindly brought it safely back to me that night.

- Vikas

These are wonderful shots, Vikas. This lens is really superb.

I am glad your lens was not lost. I would have been really surprised to see it stollen during a wedding. Glad you found it. :)

• Like 1

Cambridge's equivalent of the Grand Canal in Venice at Carnival.

I think I'll title this Town & Gown.

Looking across at St John's College last night at the height of its May Ball. All the locals (and other students who have not paid the eye-watering ticket price) have hired punts to sit on the river, like a big raft, to watch the spectacular fireworks and hold their own raucous party. After the fireworks they all head off downriver in a struggling mass.

Leica CL + 18mm, held one handed (I was in my own party in the Trinity gardens, with sparkling wine at 2 euros a bottle).

Edit: NB the buildings really were blue for the night - it's not just a white balance thing.

Edited by LocalHero1953
  • Like 7

CL with 280mm f/2.8 APO-Telyt-R . . . so far, only the mynas will sit for this mini-bazooka.

Taken during the 15 minutes or so of partial sunlight before the heavens bombed rain . . . time to start work on an ark, methinks . . . 

Edited by tritentrue
  • Like 13

CL with 280mm f/2.8 APO-Telyt-R . . . so far, only the mynas will sit for this mini-bazooka.

Taken during the 15 minutes or so of partial sunlight before the heavens bombed rain . . . time to start work on an ark, methinks . . . 

With ample room for your Leicas, I presume...  ;)

• Like 1

Cambridge's equivalent of the Grand Canal in Venice at Carnival.

I think I'll title this Town & Gown.

Looking across at St John's College last night at the height of its May Ball. All the locals (and other students who have not paid the eye-watering ticket price) have hired punts to sit on the river, like a big raft, to watch the spectacular fireworks and hold their own raucous party. After the fireworks they all head off downriver in a struggling mass.

Leica CL + 18mm, held one handed (I was in my own party in the Trinity gardens, with sparkling wine at 2 euros a bottle).

Edit: NB the buildings really were blue for the night - it's not just a white balance thing.

attachicon.gifC1000454.jpg

The looks like it was a great party to be at wherever your seats were lol!

• Like 1

Last weekend, I borrowed the almighty M10 and the superb 50 mm Lux. Not being used to a rangefinder, I had much trouble to focus in that tiny square and without any diopter. But I still very much enjoyed this beautiful camera and the shots had a superb IQ and great colors. Sadly, I had to return it after 24 hours. :( Also, I was surprised how small it was. Almost the same size as my T.

Then, I borrowed the 35 mm  Summilux TL. And honestly, I am blown away by this lens. With this on your CL,  no need to envy a M10 or a  50 mm Lux. Amazing the sharpness and the gorgeous colors you get with this lens. Very impressing, indeed!

In the coming days, I will post more shots with 35 for those who may be interested.

CL + 35 TL Summilux

So very true, Louis!  

In fact, I am now experimenting with using my TL 35 1.4 on my SL and am thinking that it might even be "better" on the SL than it was on the CL. Fewer pixels, but the SL's pixels are larger; and I find that achieving focus with the SL 601 to be easier.

Some samples

• Like 9

One more from my 35 tl on CL testing, through a store window.

Edited by Louis
  • Like 7

So very true, Louis!  

In fact, I am now experimenting with using my TL 35 1.4 on my SL and am thinking that it might even be "better" on the SL than it was on the CL. Fewer pixels, but the SL's pixels are larger; and I find that achieving focus with the SL 601 to be easier.

Some samples

Just for fun . . . changing the focus 

35 1.4 TL @f 1.4

• Like 9

Here,  another experimental shots for fun, and not "scientifically" at all... I must also point out that they were shots in two different days; therefore, the light is not exactly the same.

- The first is taken with CL and 35 TL. 

- The second is taken with the almighty M10 and the superb 50mm Lux.

Obviously, M and lux give a nicer bokeh, but I believe CL with 35 is not that much behind for sharpness and colors (at least to my eyes).

CL + 35 tl.

p2930937446-6.jpg

M10 and 50mm Summilux.

p2930937447-6.jpg

Edited by Louis
  • Like 7