M11 on Nokishita's site

Paul.S

Advertisement (gone after registration)

31 minutes ago, Maarten said:

Holy mackerel, they changed the grip of the ISO button as well. They must have gone mad in Wetzlar!

The grip seems similar to the standard M10 ISO button.

Only the M10-R Black Paint version has the cross knurling grip (which is what you see in @Artin's comparison in post #34). 

Edited by evikne
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, UliWer said:

I stand corrected, please ignore my answer in #38, the whole description was wrong! 

Measuring the printed photo at the viewfinder's left (seen from the front) I get 2.55cm for the metal top, and 8.7cm for the whole front including the bottom plate. Measuring the real M10 I get 2.3 m for the top and 8.05 cm for the whole front. 

The ratio camera./.top is 3.412 for the photo and 3.5 for the real M10. So it seems as if on the viewfinder's side there was more "top" on the photo.

Looking at the viewfinder's right the leatherette rises higher, while on the present M10 it is in line with the lower edge of the viewfinder's frame. If you follow the line from left to right the leatherette on the photo has a step down on the viewfinder's left and a step up on the viewfinder's right, while it is straight below the viewfinder's edge for the present M10.

My measurements for the side left of the release button are 1.75cm./. 8.05cm for the photo  (ratio camera./.top 4.6) and 1.85cm ./.7.4cm for the real M10 (ratio 4). So the photo's top seems to be considerably lower on the left. 

Holy M5, Batman!  The camera is taller!

9 minutes ago, rramesh said:

It’s amazing how everyone is going crazy over the frontal look of the camera, when it’s the side least viewed by you as you use it to take photos. 

It is these little seemingly insignificant details that define a Leica 😊 connoisseur. Lager has 22 pages in his book dedicated to the different cosmetics of M3 alone, bewildering 73 images! Every dot on the rewind knob, every ISO dial that was even slightly different in time from the previous...

Edited by Al Brown
  • Like 1

vor 3 Stunden schrieb rramesh:

It’s amazing how everyone is going crazy over the frontal look of the camera, when it’s the side least viewed by you as you use it to take photos. 

For Leica this may seem an important marketing "feature" to differentiate the latest camera models from earlier ones. If the M11 outlines were exactly the same as M10 outlines, there would probably be less "GAS" to buy the latest model. Thus they create demand, as they are aware of Leica customers' desire to show off they possess the newest (= "best") M version currently on the market. I myself have to admit that I always check out which camera my colleagues use in the field, especially in sports photography.

20 hours ago, Al Brown said:

It is these little seemingly insignificant details that define a Leica 😊 connoisseur. Lager has 22 pages in his book dedicated to the different cosmetics of M3 alone, bewildering 73 images! Every dot on the rewind knob, every ISO dial that was even slightly different in time from the previous...

Unless of course, one is collector of paperweights, digital cameras, and the M11 will be one, will not last long enough, to be of value to any connoisseur.

Edited by rramesh

Advertisement (gone after registration)

7 minutes ago, rramesh said:

Unless of course, one is collector of paperweights, digital cameras, and the M11 will be one, will not last long enough, to be of value to any connoisseur.

Only time will tell. So far even the major "problem child" M8 is doing amazingly well regarding steady price climbs...

But I do agree, nothing is eternal - except M3 😊.

• Like 1

Is all the above speculation, or has this new image appeared on an official Leica website?

True about the M8 - it used to sell for much less than it does nowadays.  And my M10 now sells for a higher price "used", than I paid for it two years ago "new".  Has anything been posted about the expected M11 selling price, and when it might become available?  I suspect the current selling prices for an M10 series camera are likely to go up too, so the M11 doesn't seem overly costly.  ......and other than changes in battery and memory card locations, are a larger sensor, are other improvements expected?

On 12/2/2021 at 12:35 PM, rramesh said:

But think about all the poor collectors watching this from their favorite seat😛🤪

On 12/2/2021 at 3:35 AM, rramesh said:

If you care about cars at all, do you care more how it looks from inside or from outside :).

On 12/1/2021 at 1:13 PM, Artin said:

Have you guys noticed Jono does not engage in these conversations ??? guess what he is messing around with these days lol

Our discussions keep him amused while he is writing his review, based on six months of bedraggled pre-beta units that he has taken to to Crete, France, and/or to China.  (or, given Covid, maybe closer to home.) 

Thanks for the suggestion, Scott.

There's an even better tagline right below that. ;);););)

https://leica-camera.com/en-US/photography/m

From the horse's mouth, my friends.......

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by adan

The leaks of alleged M11 pictures seem to be carefully coordinated, and the information available so far stops carefully at just the right points to keep us guessing.

The blacks are driven so far down in one picture that I wasn't sure that there was still a lens frame selector lever, and you can hardly see the battery outline, much less wherever the SD chip is supposed to be accessed. I can guess that from the Q2. So the "pull" ISO is now 64 rather than 50 or 100.  Does that mean that usable ISO reaches a bit higher?   If the USB-C for tethering and charging rumor is correct, where dies it plug in? If I want to plug in a supplementary battery for use in the field, I hope that socket is waterproof.   I wonder if there are some bigger surprises on the  back of the camera. The Q2 (and the M10s) don't have a place to plug in a USB "C" connector.

18 minutes ago, scott kirkpatrick said:

The leaks of alleged M11 pictures seem to be carefully coordinated, and the information available so far stops carefully at just the right points to keep us guessing.

The blacks are driven so far down in one picture that I wasn't sure that there was still a lens frame selector lever, and you can hardly see the battery outline, much less wherever the SD chip is supposed to be accessed. I can guess that from the Q2. So the "pull" ISO is now 64 rather than 50 or 100.  Does that mean that usable ISO reaches a bit higher?   If the USB-C for tethering and charging rumor is correct, where dies it plug in? If I want to plug in a supplementary battery for use in the field, I hope that socket is waterproof.   I wonder if there are some bigger surprises on the  back of the camera. The Q2 (and the M10s) don't have a place to plug in a USB "C" connector.

I hope that 64 is not pull ISO but the native one, like on Nikons.

• Like 4

Unless the different resolutions would involve a kind of pixel binning which would possibly allow to improve high ISO performance, I would not see the point to reduce the resolution. SD cards and HD space are cheap and will become cheaper and if one would like to save space, one could do this afterwards, anyway.

Supposedly very few users would use a Leica M11 to shoot high speed photo series…

Edited by Robert Blanko
  • Like 2