I ordered the m10-r black paint

JimmyCheng

Advertisement (gone after registration)

42 minutes ago, lucerne said:

can't find that.  New or second hand?    Give me a pointer please.  

'used' = second-hand

Here https://classic.leica-camera.com/uk/en/lcuk/Leica-M10-R-Black-20002/20002SH-5654110

Not black paint unfortunately.

Edited by pedaes
  • Haha 1

On 9/9/2023 at 2:29 PM, Steven said:

Another two digital camera that raised in price recently are the M10P Safari and the M10D.

I do agree about the M10D but I do not at all agree regarding the M10-P Safari. The prices everywhere, dealers/ebay/classifieds do not surpass the new price. I check fro those regularly.
What has risen is the M10-P Reporter though. Many offered at 10K or more.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

On 9/9/2023 at 12:08 PM, overexposed said:

my BP and m10p reporter stay with me for the time being

You and I share the digital M statement with same bodies and also the sentiment.

PS. Your dad is right but the market is even more right.

Edited by Al Brown
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Al Brown said:

I do agree about the M10D but I do not at all agree regarding the M10-P Safari. The prices everywhere, dealers/ebay/classifieds do not surpass the new price. I check fro those regularly.
What has risen is the M10-P Reporter though. Many offered at 10K or more.

They do if it's new.

1 hour ago, Al Brown said:

With all the hype and buzz around the D model, not releasing a M11-D would be outright stupid on Wetzlar part. A foolishly missed opportunity for another cult classic.

I would love if they release the M11-D, so that I can find an M10-D on the used market! No way I'll be shooting that M11 garbage, screen or no screen. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Steven said:

1. the shutter

2. the digital, sonyish image it produces. 

0 charm, 0 love for this camera. 

I don't have image quality concern with M11, I found JPG color rendering is more pleasing than M10-R in relatively low ISO.

But I agree with you, shutter sound is horrible. It's like something hollow. Besides, I don't like the black chrome paint finish, it's like fine sand paper, comparing to black paint m10-r and silver paint on brass.

Edited by Warton

On 9/9/2023 at 9:36 AM, Robert Blanko said:

I'm not planning to sell mine, but interesting to know.

Just wondering how the insurance would deal with this significant increase in case of theft - I should read the small printed... 🤔

As far as I know, the insurance would take the price of a brand new camera minus the deductible and amortization from years of use.

8 hours ago, Al Brown said:

As far as I know, the insurance would take the price of a brand new camera minus the deductible and amortization from years of use.

You can’t know that without understanding policy details.  Mine, for instance, pays full replacement at the value that I establish, no appraisal or documentation needed.  And, if I neglect to update the value, which I can do at any time, there is an automatic allowance for appreciation up to 50% over the established amount. Plus there’s no deductible, and quite moderate premiums. Coverage is worldwide and includes loss or theft even due to my own stupidity. But the underwriting standards for policy qualification are understandably very, very strict.

Jeff

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jeff S said:

You can’t know that without understanding policy details.  Mine, for instance, pays full replacement at the value that I establish, no appraisal or documentation needed.  And, if I neglect to update the value, which I can do at any time, there is an automatic allowance for appreciation up to 50% over the established amount. Plus there’s no deductible, and quite moderate premiums. Coverage is worldwide and includes loss or theft even due to my own stupidity. But the underwriting standards for policy qualification are understandably very, very strict.

Jeff

You’re in America and I’m in Europe. Fundamental difference. Ensuring your home and also having the camera covered if stolen from the trunk of a car somewhere in Zimbabwe or forgotten in a particularly memorable  Icelandic pub crawl is absolutely not happening here. Also, I have not yet heard of appreciation on the insured value in this neck of the woods. US has it very well sorted tho. 

Edited by Al Brown

On 9/11/2023 at 8:55 PM, Steven said:

1. the shutter

2. the digital, sonyish image it produces. 

0 charm, 0 love for this camera. 

100% agree.

Sold my M11 and currently deciding between an M10-P White edition (don't judge me) and an M10-R. I just know the experience is going to be what it should be with one of these bodies.

8 minutes ago, James1975 said:

100% agree.

Sold my M11 and currently deciding between an M10-P White edition (don't judge me) and an M10-R. I just know the experience is going to be what it should be with one of these bodies.

I *LOVE* the M10-P white. Would have been my second choice had I not stumbled upon the last brand new M10-P Reporter ever built. Go for it.
I *DO* prefer the M10-R sensor for my type of work so I have one of those as well in "Steinway" black paint.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Al Brown said:

I *LOVE* the M10-P white. Would have been my second choice had I not stumbled upon the last brand new M10-P Reporter ever built. Go for it.
I *DO* prefer the M10-R sensor for my type of work so I have one of those as well in "Steinway" black paint.

Yep that is my doubt - the M10M sensor was my favourite and so I am wary of going for the P and not the R… 

1 hour ago, James1975 said:

100% agree.

Go for the M10P. It's the most pleasing image out of any digital M aside from the M10M. You lose the highlight recovery capacity of the M10R, but you gain useable skin tones. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Steven said:

Go for the M10P. It's the most pleasing image out of any digital M aside from the M10M. You lose the highlight recovery capacity of the M10R, but you gain useable skin tones. 

Oh this is interesting. Thank you. I am so torn between the two especially after falling in love with the M10M. 
The extra mp would be good for larger prints but then again I am assuming if shot well the P is more than capable of big prints and probably with less noise…