I ordered the m10-r black paint

JimmyCheng

Advertisement (gone after registration)

39 minutes ago, jakontil said:

Are you in singapore? Ser lay ghee a great gentleman, he helped me fixed my lcd on m10 p safari, touch screen was chaotic lol

but im from the neighboring country

No I’m in Thailand. But every main thing is in Singapore. Until not that long ago the only official apple around here was Singnapore. Official Microsoft. Singapore. Official Leica. Singapore. 

so I guess if I give my Leica to the Leica store here it’ll probably go to Singapore first. 

Edited by Chimichurri
  • Like 1

Two times black paint 🙂

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

On 10/30/2022 at 4:33 PM, satijntje said:

I am using my M10-R BP nearly every day.
Mostly with the 50mm Summilux pre-ASPH Black Paint, but since a few days also with the new Summilux 35mm Steel Rim.

Please excuse my asking about the bag, satijntje, and not the camera. It looks very much like a MegaGear 'Torres' but there are two very small detail differences between the one pictured and my own 'Torres' so is it something else entirely?

Nice camera and lens / lenshood it goes without saying!

Philip.

3 hours ago, pippy said:

Please excuse my asking about the bag, satijntje, and not the camera. It looks very much like a MegaGear 'Torres' but there are two very small detail differences between the one pictured and my own 'Torres' so is it something else entirely?

Philip.

Or ONA? 

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1141765-REG/ona_ona5_014lbr_bowery_antique_cognac.html/?ap=y&gbraid=0AAAAAD7yMh2qOoCzAwRxuSlMaaodJ3sy6&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI99vx-b2a-wIVCLbICh1aOwAkEAQYASABEgJkTvD_BwE&lsft=BI%3A6879&smp=y#mo

Jeff

• Thanks 2

vor 4 Stunden schrieb pippy:

Philip.

It is indeed an ONA bag.
My favourite.

• Thanks 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

6 minutes ago, satijntje said:

It is indeed an ONA bag.
My favourite.

Nice looking bags, but issues regarding construction and customer service (discussed in other, older, posts) would give me pause. The openings at top flap corners are not weather sealed, unlike wrap-around designs from Billingham and others. And leather, while handsome, is too heavy for my taste.  But many like you enjoy ONA; fortunately options aplenty, hence a gazillion bag threads.

Jeff

1 hour ago, Jeff S said:

Or ONA?...

56 minutes ago, satijntje said:

It is indeed an ONA bag......My favourite....

Thank you, both, for the comments/link!

This comes as a slight surprise but perhaps 'someone' (unbeknownst to me previously!) has been playing Footloose and Fancy-Free with another's (ONA's?) design. Why do I have the deflating - and mildly nauseating - experience that I have (unwittingly) 'bought-into' a stolen idea?...

Bugger.

I don't want to derail the topic so will 'update' as discreetly as possible.

Philip.

31 minutes ago, pippy said:

Thank you, both, for the comments/link!

This comes as a slight surprise but perhaps 'someone' (unbeknownst to me previously!) has been playing Footloose and Fancy-Free with another's (ONA's?) design. Why do I have the deflating - and mildly nauseating - experience that I have (unwittingly) 'bought-into' a stolen idea?...

Bugger.

I don't want to derail the topic so will 'update' as discreetly as possible.

Philip.

Well, let’s hope both companies have improved since reports like these in 2014….

Jeff

• Thanks 1

I have put my now discontinued ONA "The Brooklyn" (the one that looks like 1940s school bag) through every possible scenario - rain, overfilling, running, taking it to San Francisco (!), kicking, bouncing etc.
It has been 5 years now, no sign of any problem.

I bought another one, the canvas ONA "Bowery" camo (also discontinued), also holding strong.

They do feel less sturdy than my Billinghams - a 300 lb photographer friend once sat on my empty Hadley in snow at Crater Lake, OR for hours while we were on assignment - but I reckon ONA must have improved since 6-8 years back...

4 hours ago, Jeff S said:

Well, let’s hope both companies have improved since reports like these in 2014….

Jeff

This flaw was designated only within the berlin series since have been fixed, i have the updated version, while it was okey i still prefer my leather brixton and clifton backpack

3 minutes ago, jakontil said:

This flaw was designated only within the berlin series since have been fixed, i have the updated version, while it was okey i still prefer my leather brixton and clifton backpack

See post #16 in the linked thread… Union Street bag was mentioned as well. Moreover, the thread also discusses poor customer service follow-up, not just construction concerns.

Jeff

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, jakontil said:

Oh, and post #103… the Brixton.  And post #114… the Bowery.

Jeff

1 minute ago, jakontil said:

Wow that’s plenty, may be i should stick with clifton instead

Well, as noted, these were from 4-7 years ago. Maybe things have improved.  And of course there is undoubtedly a majority of happy customers.  Same could be said about various Leica new product releases. I frankly pay as much or more attention to how companies communicate and follow up on reported issues, individually and collectively.

Jeff

6 minutes ago, Jeff S said:

Well, as noted, these were from 4-7 years ago. Maybe things have improved.  And of course there is undoubtedly a majority of happy customers.  Same could be said about various Leica new product releases. I frankly pay as much or more attention to how companies communicate and follow up on reported issues, individually and collectively.

Jeff

It doesnt matter to me regarding CS service, i live in 3rd world country, basically cant claim anything regarding to its quality, same goes with leica, only one leica store here that also depends on the neighboring country

practically we cant really ask for a replacement and quite isolated lol

my ona was frm 2014 if not mistaken, bought off ebay, including the berlin M version, which i noticed was only single stitched hence the durability

i once had to fly over to spore just to fix m10 p chaotic touch screen, but that’s basically the only one thing i had problem, m240 ‘s, m10 was praying i didnt get the iso stick problem, MP was harsh since the metering didnt work but got replaced instantly, buying off a friend who runs a camera shop, and m10r black paint hoping it didn’t inherit the sticky shutter 

Pray and hope

10 hours ago, Jeff S said:

Wow! I hope that ONA has reviewed this part of their design.

The MegaGear copycat(?) bag I have has not been without a couple of issues. First-off was the stitching of the strap at the mid-point join-section started to come apart which was simple enough to repair/reinforce with a needle and some stout thread. Secondly - and potentially far more serious - was the design of the swivel-posts of the spring-clip fastenings at either end of the strap. The flattened-off head of the swivel post is too small - and the metal from which the clip was made too soft - which resulted in one clip coming apart. Fortunately I was able to grab the bag before it hit the deck but more by luck than anything else. On returning home I was able to re-insert the post through the hole and flatten the swivel-hole width-wise by using a hammer(!) and the flat side of a screwdriver but, at the moment of failure, I was not a happy bunny!

Having just had a look at MegaGear's website the clips fittted to their products nowadays use a very different - and, by appearances, far more solid - clip-design as seen highlighted in these snaps;

Old style;

New style;

Apart from these two glitches I'm VERY happy with the bag. To be fair to MegaGear I was probably carrying a heavier load of stuff than might be the typical 'content' for this particular bag design (two M bodies; five lenses; assorted paraphernalia.) but I was still surprised that there were these design flaws in an otherwise superb product.

Shame that - it would seem - they ripped-off another manufacturer's design in the first place......

Philip.

• Like 1

vor 5 Stunden schrieb pippy:

The flattened-off head of the swivel post is too small - and the metal from which the clip was made too soft - which resulted in one clip coming apart. Fortunately I was able to grab the bag before it hit the deck but more by luck than anything else.

This is exactly what happened to me one day. The bag fell on the ground but I was lucky, nothing inside got damaged. After owning it for 4 years,  my Leica dealer took it back and offered me an Oberwerth bag for a very reasonable price. Now I'm much happier with this bag. It offers very soft brown leather, it is even lighter and  offers more space, although the dimensions are not very different. For those who are interested: Oberwerth only offers this bag in a black red dot edition currently.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2021 at 9:59 AM, Steven said:

Kanto doesn’t repaint digital bodies. They won’t even touch an M7. And for the lens, the wait is around 9-10 months right now. 
If you want to repair your digital camera, you can consider Shuiedo. 3/4 months turnover time as of today. I’ve have two camera and one lens being repainted there as we speak, and I should receive them mid November. I’ll be able to tell you about the quality of their work. 

Steven,

Have you received your repainted cameras or lens back from Shuiedo? If so, can you please share your thought on their products?

Thanks.