Amazon order

4 minutes ago, ksrhee said:

All of them are through 3rd-party, not Amazon.  These folks are taking advantage of the current situation.  Do not pay more than the list price, $5995.  

I know. Who knows when you can get one through typical channels. Other than price is there a downside is what I am asking. 

4 minutes ago, ALScott said:

I know. Who knows when you can get one through typical channels. Other than price is there a downside is what I am asking. 

Sign up for Hotstock and set an alert for the Q3 to come in stock on the Leica USA site. They seem to have some every couple of weeks. When the alert comes up on your phone be ready to buy it, you will only have a short time before it is gone. 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

21 minutes ago, ALScott said:

When it's 3rd parties many times they are not authorized Leica dealers and may be gray market products. 

• Like 1

Research the seller before buying. Some sellers collect money and never ship. If you are willing to pay over MSRP, you may be better off buying on eBay from a trustworthy seller than on Amazon.

I got it today and trying to decide if there is an issue after stumbling on comments on the web.  It came with a lens hood and a lens cap, is it supposed to?  I was under the impression they didn't but I have no idea.  Does that mean anything?  The battery is wrapped in plastic that has never been opened.  Everything in the box looks like others I have seen opened on YouTube.   It looks untouched like any new camera I have ever bought.

59 minutes ago, ALScott said:

What is grey market and how do you know?

Gray market is when the it came from a different region than the buyer. For example if you are in the US and the camera came from a distributor in the UK. Normally in a case like that Leica USA will not support or warranty the camera. I don't see what Leica's policy is relating to gray market products, but other makers won't even fix a gray market camera for money.  The label on the box can give a clue as to region the camera was meant for.. Leica can tell by serial number.

28 minutes ago, ALScott said:

I got it today and trying to decide if there is an issue after stumbling on comments on the web.  It came with a lens hood and a lens cap, is it supposed to?  I was under the impression they didn't but I have no idea.  Does that mean anything?  The battery is wrapped in plastic that has never been opened.  Everything in the box looks like others I have seen opened on YouTube.   It looks untouched like any new camera I have ever bought.

Yes the camera comes with a hood and lens cap.

I have poured over the thing all bits that come with it and see nothing the least bit suspicious.  I did overpay but we are going on a trip next week and I am impatient.  Once I decide on something I want it to happen.  Plus, at this MSRP what's a few more dollars to be happy?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2024 at 10:09 PM, ALScott said:

I have poured over the thing all bits that come with it and see nothing the least bit suspicious.  I did overpay but we are going on a trip next week and I am impatient.  Once I decide on something I want it to happen.  Plus, at this MSRP what's a few more dollars to be happy?

Hey, do you mind sharing what seller you bought from? Trying to find a safe seller to buy from. 

Posted (edited)
On 3/8/2024 at 10:09 AM, ALScott said:

Its OK to order a Q3 from Amazon right?  They are an authorized retailer or so their site says. 

Mate, have a look on the facebook groups as there many regretful purchased Q3's being sold by first time Leica owners who went over budget or got sucked into the purchase by an influencer. If you know its the camera for you, you can save money buying a used virgin condition Q3. To date on legit facebook groups I have seen close to 15-20 units put on the market. All of them buyers who made the wrong decision. Some claim they need the cash to pay bills, LMAO......yeah right.

Edited by AussieQ

Posted (edited)

And from a dealers point of view.  I'm a huge fan of Amazon...for stuff I know I am not going to need after sales service...probably not going to need help learning to turn the pages of a book 😝

But honestly...when you come in with your camera that you bought on Amazon and are having trouble figuring it out...we will help you, but the person who actually bought from us gets better service.

For example...you bought from us and your camera is going to be serviced...gone for a bit...we'll try and help you with a loaner.  A camera you got from Amazon...nada.

Edited by bobtodrick
  • Like 1