I ordered the m10-r black paint

JimmyCheng

I had the privilege of owning handful of some of the nicest film & digital Leicas during the past two decades. And I gotta say, this is one of my top favorites. There's something special about having a pristine Black paint M camera in-hand with it’s high-res sensor unlike any other M10 series. I can't seem to take my eyes off of it for too long. I’m glad I sold my M11 Black to get this one.

Here, I paired it with Voigtlander Heliar 40mm f/2.8 Aspherical Lens, with Black paint thumbgrip & JNK Rally volpe leather Case.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 8

• Like 5

On 11/28/2022 at 9:08 PM, Al Brown said:

I have finally finished the customization of my workhorse.
Spent a while sourcing the right Venetian gold textured acrylic paint for the lettering and did the slow detailing process myself.
Total cost: 3.99$ for the paint.
The brassing was never intended to make the camera look worn from use, just to add aesthetics to the whole finish. The Försvarsmakten crowns engraving is a private family thing.
I do not wear a camera as a cosmetic accessory, I use it daily as my tool and love to look at it as much as shooting with it. Life's little pleasures.
As always, YMMV.

Wow.. stunning work!! Leica should hire you to make more M10-R Editions!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FranciscoChung said:

Wow.. stunning work!! Leica should hire you to make more M10-R Editions!

Thanks haha I think I am too picky and would just nerve them constantly.

Here is a little BTS from the process to show the texture of the gold paint.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

On 11/29/2022 at 9:54 PM, Al Brown said:

Thanks haha I think I am too picky and would just nerve them constantly.

Here is a little BTS from the process to show the texture of the gold paint.

I love the crowns engravings even more! Amazing Al

• Thanks 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 11/28/2022 at 1:08 PM, Al Brown said:

I have finally finished the customization of my workhorse.
Spent a while sourcing the right Venetian gold textured acrylic paint for the lettering and did the slow detailing process myself.
Total cost: 3.99$ for the paint.
The brassing was never intended to make the camera look worn from use, just to add aesthetics to the whole finish. The Försvarsmakten crowns engraving is a private family thing.
I do not wear a camera as a cosmetic accessory, I use it daily as my tool and love to look at it as much as shooting with it. Life's little pleasures.
As always, YMMV.

Sharp looking camera! Great job.

• Like 1

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

After almost a year, I've decided to part ways with my M10RBP.  I just find myself unwilling to use it due to how great it looks, using my standard M10 when shooting M-digital.  It's pretty sad but I should have considered before I bought it that I might think it looks too "nice" to use.  TBH, I'm not really sure why it affects me that way, I have no trouble beating up other Leica Ms!

Since I bought it from them, I'll probably trade it to Leica Miami for some gear, not sure what.  Oh well, definitely a first-world problem. ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mikep996 said:

After almost a year, I've decided to part ways with my M10RBP.  I just find myself unwilling to use it due to how great it looks, using my standard M10 when shooting M-digital.  It's pretty sad but I should have considered before I bought it that I might think it looks too "nice" to use.  TBH, I'm not really sure why it affects me that way, I have no trouble beating up other Leica Ms!

Since I bought it from them, I'll probably trade it to Leica Miami for some gear, not sure what.  Oh well, definitely a first-world problem. ;)

you are not alone...i too feeling the same way but i got over it... the thought of parting with it is more overwhelming lol

On 12/10/2022 at 12:17 PM, jakontil said:

you are not alone...i too feeling the same way but i got over it... the thought of parting with it is more overwhelming lol

In my opinion....  at least once in a man's life, he has to buy a brand new Black Paint Leica & use it like it's the last camera he will ever own. Natually brass the hell out of it to his heart's content. Otherwise, he regrets Not doing that on his death bed.

Edited by FranciscoChung
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 12/10/2022 at 1:08 AM, Mikep996 said:

Since I bought it from them, I'll probably trade it to Leica Miami for some gear, not sure what.

You will make someone that buys your BP from them *really* happy. Go for it!

On 12/11/2022 at 10:20 AM, FranciscoChung said:

In my opinion....  at least once in a man's life, he has to buy a brand new Black Paint Leica & use it like it's the last camera he will ever own. Natually brass the hell out of it to his heart's content. Otherwise, he regrets Not doing that on his death bed.

That's what I'm doing. I'm a professional photographer and I use my black paint M10-R daily. It was scuffed withing weeks of purchasing it about a year ago. It's just beginning to brass on the corners.

I will note that I bought the camera brand new at a price that was less than the standard M10-R. Not that it makes a difference in how I use it.

Edited by 84bravo
  • Like 1

On 12/11/2022 at 10:20 PM, FranciscoChung said:

Yeah very true now i unleashed no fear using it keep telling myself it’s probably the last M with a baseplate and in black paint, it would stay

however, my MP bought new n brassing beautifully and that’s replicating the idea

On 12/3/2022 at 1:32 PM, DirkR440 said:

One of my favourite lenses on my film and digital Nikons!  
Never considered adapting it to my M10-R, do you have any images from f1.2-f2 to share? I’d be interested to see them.

vor 11 Stunden schrieb Ouroboros:

One of my favourite lenses on my film and digital Nikons!  
Never considered adapting it to my M10-R, do you have any images from f1.2-f2 to share? I’d be interested to see them.

sure. I love it because especially inside the f1.2 help me to use a faster shutter speed for talking pictures of my daughter. And also I can take pictures from a distance of 50cm.

f2.8:

f1.2

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I have just been lucky enough to get a M10-R BP. I still love my chrome M9-P, but what beautiful camera...might have to try and keep both ! Still amazes me though, the hotshot cover is just cheap plastic, not even the metal of the M10-R

I am sure it has been asked, but are there any thumbs-up in black paint? I presume the Leica one is anodised black.  

30 minutes ago, tap360 said:

I have just been lucky enough to get a M10-R BP. I still love my chrome M9-P, but what beautiful camera...might have to try and keep both ! Still amazes me though, the hotshot cover is just cheap plastic, not even the metal of the M10-R

I am sure it has been asked, but are there any thumbs-up in black paint? I presume the Leica one is anodised black.  

The Match Technical Thumbs Up grip is baked enamel paint and solid brass underneath. Mine for the Q2 is showing some brassing. Congrats on the BP!

Edited by BruceRH