Voigtländer Nokton 35/1.4 II

padam

Advertisement (gone after registration)

12 hours ago, Multicoated said:

I was able to test this lens properly today.

Lens itself again, super light and small. Precise focus. I just have to get used to those pre-ASPH Summilux style aperture ring wings. Looks great on the M.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

This is NOT NEW TOY SYNDROME. 

Basically for now I’ve decided to stop wanting a 35 Summicron. This lens does it all. It has so many looks. And once you go past f4 it has all the resolution you’d want. I didn’t do much except exposure changes. 

The cat was f1.4 to see what I would get. 

So this is the SC, and converting into B&W needs nothing. I just flipped the Black & White switch and adjusted a bit of the brightness. 

and that’s done for me.  

It’s so small and light like a 35 Summicron v4. 

The perfect daily 35. I’m glad I bought this first and not an older Leica at 4x the price. 

Haoge has a lens hood that is basically identical to the Voigtlander one, but at a fraction of the cost.  Really nice spring bayonet attachment - just like the Voigltander version.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Multicoated said:

Basically for now I’ve decided to stop wanting a 35 Summicron. This lens does it all. It has so many looks. And once you go past f4 it has all the resolution you’d want. I didn’t do much except exposure changes. 

I think this is a great lens and very affordable compared to the Leica offerings. I have the MC version, and if this was the only lens I could ever use, I would be more than OK with that.

-Thomas

Edited by trisberg
fix quote
  • Like 1

On 8/19/2023 at 3:01 PM, Multicoated said:

Here every Voigtlander lens comes with the hood. Mine is in the box. It’s the LH-6. I don’t like using hoods. Maybe I’ll put mine in the bag but I’ll never use it. Better leave it in the box so it doesn’t scratch. 

Including the Nokton 35 1.4 II?  Strange.  In the US the lens hood is sold separately.  Some CV lenses in the US are sold w the lens hood included - CV 40 2.8 Heliar, Heliar Classic 50 1.5, the new 28 2.8.  But many are not. eg Nokton 50 1.5 II, 50 1.2, 50 Apo, 35 Apo etc

27 minutes ago, Multicoated said:

Yea, every lens from Voigtlander comes with the hood.

You can see the box for the hood behind the Nokton box. They automatically just give it to you. I didn’t ask for it. 

I’m aware that in the US they don’t and I’ve always wondered why because when I go to the dealer here their lenses always come with the hoods. I always end up just putting the hood boxes away and never use them. 

Because in the US that’s $160 usd in the pocket of the dealer for those two hoods. About sixty for the LH-6 for the 35 Nokton and a hundred for the LH-12 for the Ultron.

34 minutes ago, lct said:

I prefer not being forced to buy any hood if i don't like it. .

Voigtländer seem to be bundling hoods and two caps with those recent lenses which do not utilise the Zeiss bayonet.

Leica is little better : with M lenses you cannot unbundle the cost of the included leather lens case. 

23 minutes ago, FrozenInTime said:

Leica is little better : with M lenses you cannot unbundle the cost of the included leather lens case. 

"Leica is little better"? Not really when you consider the cheap drawstring pouch Leica bundles with the recent Summilux 35 1.4 Classic.............Horrible, only good to keep what loose change you have left after buying the lens.

1 hour ago, FrozenInTime said:

Voigtländer seem to be bundling hoods and two caps with those recent lenses which do not utilise the Zeiss bayonet.

May i ask which lenses you're referring to? Just curious as my CV 21/3.5, 28/2, 35/1.4 SC V2, 50/1.5 SC v2 and 90/2.8 have all that bayonet and a separate hood.

Edited by lct

M5, CV 35 1.4 II, Kentmere 400

• Like 9

Voigtlander 35mm 1.4 MC II, Ilford hp5+

Edited by Davide.sva
  • Like 9

15 minutes ago, comptroller said:

I own this lens. Love it. All the vintage 35mm you’ll ever need! If you’re looking at an expensive Leica alternative save your money! 

Meh.... I loved it, until I got a Summilux 35 pre asph. I still love it, but rarely use it now. It was a gateway drug. 

11 minutes ago, comptroller said:

Cool. Which year was it? And what’s the price? I saw a 1972 one for $3,600. Ken Rockwell said this Nokton is “a loser”, so maybe I’m wrong. But it’s lovely to me at least. 

It’s a 1960, it cost me 12k and it was worth in my opinion the 24x premium. It now costs 25k. 

4 hours ago, Steven said:

Meh.... I loved it, until I got a Summilux 35 pre asph. I still love it, but rarely use it now. It was a gateway drug. 

Post some pics taken w that Lux!  Would love to see what makes it special.

1 hour ago, Huss said:

Post some pics taken w that Lux!  Would love to see what makes it special.

I’ve posted about 500 of them on the forum over the years. If not more. 
The first thing that makes it special is that it makes me feel special. for the rest of the special things, you can read some excellent threads on here. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2