Voigtländer Nokton 35/1.4 II

padam

3 hours ago, lct said:

Interesting thank you. May i ask if you did the same comparo with no filter at all? Just curious.

I have not compared the voigtlander nokton classic ii SC without the BPM filter yet. I will be doing more comparisons this week when i have some more time. I am also trying to find the "perfect" 50mm to pair with my SR reissue. The 50mm candidates at the moment are... Canon 50mm 1.4 LTM and 50mm Summilux pre-ASPH v2 (e43). Here is a sample of the canon 50mm 1.4 LTM w/ 1/4 BPM compared to the 35mm SR reissue and voigtlander 35mm nokton classic ii sc. Color balance had to be adjusted heavily on the canon due to it rendering way cooler and contrast had to be bumped up by A LOT.

50mm summilux pre-asph comparison to come...

TOP: Canon 50mm 1.4 LTM w/ 1/4 BPM (heavy white balance correction & contrast increase)

MIDDLE: SR Reissue (No filter)

BOTTOM: Voigtlander 35mm Nokton Classic ii SC w/ 1/4 BPM (Slight white balance & no contrast increase)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, 69xchange said:

I have not compared the voigtlander nokton classic ii SC without the BPM filter yet. I will be doing more comparisons this week when i have some more time. I am also trying to find the "perfect" 50mm to pair with my SR reissue. The 50mm candidates at the moment are... Canon 50mm 1.4 LTM and 50mm Summilux pre-ASPH v2 (e43). Here is a sample of the canon 50mm 1.4 LTM w/ 1/4 BPM compared to the 35mm SR reissue and voigtlander 35mm nokton classic ii sc. Color balance had to be adjusted heavily on the canon due to it rendering way cooler and contrast had to be bumped up by A LOT.

50mm summilux pre-asph comparison to come...

TOP: Canon 50mm 1.4 LTM w/ 1/4 BPM (heavy white balance correction & contrast increase)

MIDDLE: SR Reissue (No filter)

BOTTOM: Voigtlander 35mm Nokton Classic ii SC w/ 1/4 BPM (Slight white balance & no contrast increase)

That distortion on the Voigtlander on the blinds though….

if Voigtlander released a v3 of this lens and removed the barrel distortion not seen in the Steel Rim, I think it would be perfect.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

V2 distortion  Edited by geoffnik
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

V2 distortion  Edited by geoffnik
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, geoffnik said:

V2 distortion

You mean Summilux 35/1.4 v2 i guess. My Nokton 35/1.4 SC v2 has sigificantly more distortion. It is easy to adjust in PP though so i can only be an issue for jpeg users.
Nokton 35/1.4 SC v2 @ f/2 with no correction:

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Finally a nice sunny day and a day off work. I went out to test the Voigtlander 35mm Nokton Classic 1.4 SC ii that I purchased almost one year ago and has been sitting since... Nothing special here, just a quick walk around the neighbourhood and used my car as a "model" since I didn't have anyone else...

• Like 2

Going for that filmic look paired with the M9 CCD sensor.