Code Name "Clooney"

Advertisement (gone after registration)

That 'ugly' bump is nowhere as unsightly as this bump! I'd much rather not have to have a separate accessory and have a nicer EVF and bump than this big one.

38446529871_908a18ac32_c.jpgLeica T w a Voigt 40 1.4 Nokton by mmanda withers, on Flickr

I totally agree with you. I find Visoflex being excellent and as I mostly use MF, a must. But the size has been very inconvenient. Hard to pack and even to carry,

An in-body evf is most welcome to me, even with that bump. :)

BTW, I am hearing that Clooney evf is superb and even better than Visoflex.

Edited by Louis
  • Like 2

That 'ugly' bump is nowhere as unsightly as this bump! I'd much rather not have to have a separate accessory and have a nicer EVF and bump than this big one.

38446529871_908a18ac32_c.jpgLeica T w a Voigt 40 1.4 Nokton by mmanda withers, on Flickr

Totally agree with you. I am using X 113 and the visoflex is ugly on it. This Leica CL is still better looking than TL with a visoflex.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So many people asked for a small SL and I believe this is the closer you can get. 

Not convinced yet about it being a small SL.   To me the CL with the 18mm (27mm eq) seems more of an attempt to attract a fast shooting Leica Q street like audience in the hope that afterwards they will start buying additional lenses as well.  

T users who have not tried the TL2 with the Visoflex 020 may find it useful to know that the Visoflex gets a nice performance bump on the TL2.  

On my T the two levels of magnification only extrapolate the 1X level, which is why I relied on the unmagnified "shimmer" for focusing manually.  With the TL2, the two levels of magnification show much more detail, making critically accurate manual focus with long telephotos easier, especially in lighting or textural situations where the shimmer is not so evident.

With telephoto-teleconverter combinations that have maximum aperture of f/5.6  or f/8, the TL2 is for me much easier to focus manually than the SL, especially so in bright sunlight outdoors, where my (now departed) SL's EVF was just not bright enough.

• Like 1

Indeed Leica Rumors said the photos are actual final products (sadly so).

So it will not seduce me to break my piggy bank.

Benedict.

Then I will hug my current cameras for awhile as well. For the price, if all it gives me is an EVF equivalent to the SL, would consider looking for a used SL. Not this. But, why oh why was this considered for a camera body too small for it? What was wrong with the Q’s EVF? Certainly they could incorporated that into this instead and have a much nicer looking design. I hope everyone getting it is happy with it. Maybe I will warm up to it when see it in use.

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The Leica dealer in KL is pushing me to get the M10 tomorrow and says will drop another RM1500 if I get it tomorrow which makes me think that the new S is going to get inoculated in the 22nd as well as the cloundy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CL will be a nice Compact SL for those do not want full frame.

Some of us want a compact SL with FF.

I looked at an old CL today with perfect dimensions, full 35mm frame, M glass = perfect for my use! I rarely use AF with my Q.

APS-c does not do it for me. I have both in my Canon kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May I respectfully ask if you disliked the SL's EVF?

For myself, it is the best high resolution EVF I have used so far, though it is not having the fastest refresh rate.

Again just speaking for my own liking only.

As I wrote in a preceding post:  "With telephoto-teleconverter combinations that have maximum aperture of f/5.6  or f/8, the TL2 is for me much easier to focus manually than the SL, especially so in bright sunlight outdoors, where my (now departed) SL's EVF was just not bright enough."

While respecting the experiences of those who laud the SL's EVF, for my purposes and in my experience it was in certain shooting situations an Achilles heel in an otherwise spectacular camera.

Edited by tritentrue

As I wrote in a preceding post:  "With telephoto-teleconverter combinations that have maximum aperture of f/5.6  or f/8, the TL2 is for me much easier to focus manually than the SL, especially so in bright sunlight outdoors, where my (now departed) SL's EVF was just not bright enough." [...]

Ouch i did not know that. I focus at f5.6, f/8 or ever f/11 with M lenses on mirrorless cameras so i guess the SL's EVF is not made for me. Thanks for sharing.

Edited by lct

As I wrote in a preceding post:  "With telephoto-teleconverter combinations that have maximum aperture of f/5.6  or f/8, the TL2 is for me much easier to focus manually than the SL, especially so in bright sunlight outdoors, where my (now departed) SL's EVF was just not bright enough."

While respecting the experiences of those who laud the SL's EVF, for my purposes and in my experience it was in certain shooting situations an Achilles heel in an otherwise spectacular camera.

Good to know; thanks.

Ouch i did not know that. I focus at f5.6, f/8 or ever f/11 with M lenses on mirrorless cameras so i guess the SL's EVF is not made for me. Thanks for sharing.

the was a long running argument/thread about this al long while ago ..... a very small percentage of people had issues using the SL in bright conditions .... to the puzzlement of the rest who have never had any problems.

I have used it in bright mediterranean summer conditions and never had the slightest problem. I personally feel this is mostly down the way people use the camera and their individual pupillary sensitivity to indirect bright light. 

the SL EVF is far superior to the TL2 with or without visoflex for focussing under any circumstances ....... and is as near as you will get optically to a DSLR VF. 

I have used stacked 1.4 and 2x apo extenders with the 280/2.8 R and focussing with the SL is easy and reliable. 

Of course all this is only my experience ........ as with all things ..... try before you buy .... if you can. 

• Like 3

the was a long running argument/thread about this al long while ago ..... a very small percentage of people had issues using the SL in bright conditions .... to the puzzlement of the rest who have never had any problems.

I have used it in bright mediterranean summer conditions and never had the slightest problem. I personally feel this is mostly down the way people use the camera and their individual pupillary sensitivity to indirect bright light.

the SL EVF is far superior to the TL2 with or without visoflex for focussing under any circumstances ....... and is as near as you will get optically to a DSLR VF.

I have used stacked 1.4 and 2x apo extenders with the 280/2.8 R and focussing with the SL is easy and reliable.

Of course all this is only my experience ........ as with all things ..... try before you buy .... if you can.

+1 (can hardly remember any problems with the SL EVF during 2 year of use).

• Like 2