Availability?

dennersten

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I think your assumption of piling up is perhaps based on your dealings with Leica Store in Dubai. :D

Reading through this thread over the past few months many smaller authorised dealers are still waiting on stock to supply their in house lists.

There certainly seems to be some disparity in supply between official Leica stores and authorised dealers, with the latter having to play 2nd fiddle in the supply chain.

Also factor in the price increase and the fact many dealers who accepted orders at the launch price are, by in large, honouring the original price once the customers camera becomes available. This is also perhaps a reason why some customers are prepared to wait it out and not pay the €350 increase.

Granted anyone who decides here and now that they want a M10 can pick and choose between many stores who appear have stock, but at the current price. 

I recently received mine after an 8 month wait and I was number 4 on the "black" list. All I can say is I can sympathise with those still waiting, but in the end the wait was well worth it, simply a stunning, well refined and very much improved digital M from Leica. 

My Leica MoJo is back!. :wub:

• Like 1

Four days ago I ordered a black M10 from Kenmore Camera, near Seattle Washington, after I saw that they had one stock.  The  store shipped it free of charge to my home in Houston Texas.  No sales tax was added either.  I checked the rangefinder for near and infinity focus and my inspection of a few images indicate all is in good working order.  

I purchased my Monochrom M 246 a few years ago from the same store much the same way.  That purchase was also made with minimal fuss and bother.  

Edited by Manicouagan1
  • Like 1

I totally would go else where, but ordering through b&h I get free shipping, no tax, and a student discount on the camera.. so I save allot. I can wait. just wondering how long at this point and time since most people have them and are almost readily available.

If you're out-of-state, then you don't get charged tax no matter who you are ordering from and shipping us usually free anyway.

Most "students" can't afford a 7K camera so you can't be saving that much on the student discount.

I canceled after 5 months of waiting and at that time was approx. number 50 from their original 100 count order.

So, you can do the math.

Edited by S.Rolf

That would depend on the laws in the state where you live. In the case of New Jersey the state can come back on you as can quite a few others.

Be prepared. The game, as they say, is afoot.

Example:

“Sales and Use Tax - Out-of-State Purchases

The sales and use tax rate increased from 6% to 7% effective July 15, 2006.

Whenever you purchase taxable items or services for use in New Jersey and the seller does not collect the appropriate sales tax, you are required to pay use tax to New Jersey. For example, if you purchase taxable merchandise from a mail order house and they don't charge New Jersey sales tax, it does not mean that tax is not due; it means that the mail order house is not authorized to collect New Jersey sales tax. You, the purchaser, must pay 7% use tax directly to the Division of Taxation.

If you make a purchase in another state which has a lower sales tax rate than New Jersey, use tax is due at the rate of 7%. If, however, that state has sales tax reciprocity with New Jersey, a credit is allowed for the sales tax paid to that state.

Use tax can be reported and paid on several different forms. Individual taxpayers may report and pay any use tax due when filing their New Jersey Resident Income Tax Return, Form NJ-1040. Businesses who file sales and use tax returns with the Division report and pay use tax on Forms ST-50 and ST-51. The Use Tax Remittance, Form ST-18, is also available to report and pay use tax.

To order the Use Tax Remittance, Form ST-18, or other tax forms.”

A group of states are working to set up a collection of several hundred million dollars in back taxes.

Edited by jdlaing

OK - for the UK people watching this thread: I have been on Harrisons list since the beginning of February for a Black M10. I had reached position 7. I also joined Leica Mayfair's queue in May (4 months later) on a whim - and.... camera arrived and delivered last week by Leica Mayfair.

Anybody on Harrison's list below No.7 have now all moved up one place...;-)

I feel it is very important to let UK forum members know that Harrisons have been professional, courteous and friendly on every occasion I have emailed them, roughly every two weeks since February. I really think Leica should pay more attention to the non-branded stores who represent them in a very professional manner. Harrisons have had all of my other business (including new Summilux 35, Summicron 75) and I cannot praise them highly enough.

+1 for Harrison’s great store, I too ended up getting one from elsewhere in July....I didn’t order with harrisons until March so it looks like it would have been a heck of a wait.

I agree Leica should give them a bit more priority!!

Edited by TheVanguard

I'm probably looking to pick one near the Holidays as a Christmas gift for myself. Any one have any word on availability? My December will be split between Miami, NYC, and DC so East Coast would be preferable. I'd like to pick it up in person, but online is fine as well.

Edited by Slowhands

I'm probably looking to pick one near the Holidays as a Christmas gift for myself. Any one have any word on availability? My December will be split between Miami, NYC, and DC so East Coast would be preferable. I'd like to pick it up in person, but online is fine as well.

Send an email to, or call, Leica Miami.

Hi all. It's been awhile since I have posted. I just put myself on the M10 waiting list at Leica Store Miami. Excited about the M10. I had a 246 for a brief period but never really connected with it. I've enjoyed film Ms (stared with M6 and now have MP) and am thinking the M10 will be a good complement to my MP. We'll see how long it takes!

My Silver M10 arrived today! Ordered 12th May. Sticker dated 2017/10/13 - so less than a week from Wetzlar to Dealer (5181xxx). Interesting, the file number is over 9000, I am sure previous bodies were nowhere near this. 

Edited by pedaes

My Silver M10 arrived today! Ordered 12th May. Sticker dated 2017/10/13 - so less than a week from Wetzlar to Dealer (5181xxx). Interesting, the file number is over 9000, I am sure previous bodies were nowhere near this.

I ordered on 4/4/2017, received on 5/10/2017, only 6 months wait

Serial no 519xxxx, date on box 26/9/2017 for a black.

Looks like number runs seperately for silver and black.

Benedict.