Leica Q3 Availability

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I noticed today that Adorama is saying their projected ship date on the Q3 is 11/2023.  It appeared that some folks in Germany already have received Q3 but some of the commentary suggests those may have been review models, some with prerelease software???

Anyone have any information on how the distribution will occur and when they might reach Leica dealers in the U.S?

I was hoping to have mine before the LSI Conference in Wetzlar...

Edited by mikeLD
Add more details

Here in Germany is also no where to be found. There were some cameras being sold first 20min after the release but that was it. I got notification next day for some cameras available but saw it only 30min later and they were out of stock. Most retailers here are quoting 1-3 months and some even go as far as 3-6. I guess placing preorder is the way to go atm. Just wanted to share how’s going in Germany, not sure about US.

I ordered one yesterday. May30 at B&H.  

I was told by a representative they shipped out a small amount of Leica Q3 last week in New York City. 

he would not commit on an ETA, but more likely sooner than months away  

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

My Q3 has not ship but my soft release button arrives tomorrow. 

• Haha 2

• 2 months later...

I stuck my name down on the list at the Leica shop in London (Mayfair) and they said there were about 200 names on the list (a few weeks back) but that they had received an order and shipped them out and they had received more than they were expecting - I think the guy said 30?

fingers crossed it doesn’t take too long.

Chris

3 hours ago, CalStanford said:

I cancelled my B&H order. Couldn't bother giving them my money forever (international preorders have to be fully prepaid) with either no communication actively from them and bullshit lies when I asked them.

I don’t blame you. The fact that B&H still hasn’t shipped out orders placed in May 25th which was launch day it’s extremely concerning furthermore the in 2 weeks line I’ve been hearing since early June is ridiculous. My last call to them was the worse one yet. Everything I asked was now confidential, can you imagine? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Miltz said:

I don’t blame you. The fact that B&H still hasn’t shipped out orders placed in May 25th which was launch day it’s extremely concerning furthermore the in 2 weeks line I’ve been hearing since early June is ridiculous. My last call to them was the worse one yet. Everything I asked was now confidential, can you imagine? 

They're extremely shady. I only originally booked them due to the constant ads on this forum about them. I'll never do that again.

Wish you best of luck though mate!

• 1 month later...

I had one on order from B&H and got lucky when I happened to call a small local retailer. They had one in stock and I scooped it up. I was also to grab the new Q3 grip from Adorama. B&H says they are still backordered. I am guessing Leica just shipped a bunch out with accessories. Good luck!

On 10/12/2023 at 3:52 AM, paul chiu said:

Nearly 5 months waiting for a Leica Q3

got another notice from B&H noting the delay since May 30. 
received most accessories except for the charging stand 

You're wasting your time. I've only waited 5 weeks with a Leica dealer. Ordered End of July, had it first week of September. That was after I cancelled my launch day order from crappy B&H

Hong Kong grey market available:

Hong Kong grey market price is about 7% higher than US Leica authorized price! and  is dropping. Indicating the availability is increasing.

Under the current dropping rate, it might reach the even point on middle of November, so I guess the long waiting should be over before Christmas.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years!

HK grey market price is expected to be around 70-80% of US authorized dealer price. If so, it is likely to be around Chinese New a year.

P Edited by Einst_Stein

1 hour ago, Einst_Stein said:

Hong Kong grey market available:

Hong Kong grey market price is about 7% higher than US Leica authorized price! and  is dropping. Indicating the availability is increasing.

Under the current dropping rate, it might reach the even point on middle of November, so I guess the long waiting should be over before Christmas.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years!

HK grey market price is expected to be around 70-80% of US authorized dealer price. If so, it is likely to be around Chinese New a year.

P

or just get it shipped from a Leica dealer in Germany to HK for 41,500HKD. We don't pay customs anyway.

41500 HKD or 5309 USD is a lot lower than the 5995 USD list for USA.

I got a $200 discount from B&H when I ordered back in May 30.  The last time I ordered something photographic from Europe, US Customs charged me 3%.

Not sure how much they charge for Asian exports of German items.

9 minutes ago, Einst_Stein said:

I had bad experience on my Leica T. I burned the mother board when changing through USB. 
Later I realized  T might not support this (but the user manual does not give any yes or no. ), anyway, Leica repaired it for free.

Since then I avoid charging battery in the camera.

Leica T, which model?