Availability?

dennersten

What if Customs drops your M10 package on the way and it messes with the camera or leaves it in a hot environment and exposes it too extreme heat. Anything could happen to a camera or lens before it gets to you. Ive seen up close how Amazon handles packages, sometimes they throw stuff on the porch.

What if Customs drops your M10 package on the way and it messes with the camera or leaves it in a hot environment and exposes it too extreme heat. Anything could happen to a camera or lens before it gets to you. Ive seen up close how Amazon handles packages, sometimes they throw stuff on the porch.

That's not Amazon throwing stuff on your porch.

• Like 2

Ive seen up close how Amazon handles packages, sometimes they throw stuff on the porch.

Yea, I hate it when those Amazon dudes throw the boxes on your porch. Worse is when they deliver with the drone but are in too much of a hurry to land, so they just drop it from 75 ft up. :)

#amazonusesuspsfedexandupstodeliver

• Like 1

Yea, I hate it when those Amazon dudes throw the boxes on your porch. Worse is when they deliver with the drone but are in too much of a hurry to land, so they just drop it from 75 ft up. :)

#amazonusesuspsfedexandupstodeliver

I gotta buy a big net and maybe a catcher's mitt. From Amazon of course. ;)

Doesn't Leica New Jersey, Chingchou, Wetzlar, et al require a signature for delivery? That would restrict package throwing to a minimum.

Gee I hope so. But what's that got to do with FedEx, UPS, various post offices. DHL and every other monkey throwing packages around before you even see them? It's not the vendor doing the rough handling.

Gee I hope so. But what's that got to do with FedEx, UPS, various post offices. DHL and every other monkey throwing packages around before you even see them? It's not the vendor doing the rough handling.

True, but in the interest of calming your nerves, I spent a half hour inspecting and evaluating an M10 demo unit yesterday in NYC and it is a freaking TANK.

You'll be fine. If not, Leica will repair it in Germany in four to five months. ;)

I ordered the M10 from Vistek in Toronto on January 23rd.   Today they phoned me with an update from Leica that delivery was now pushed back to the end of June.  Previous update was for late May and an earlier update (in February) was for the end of April.  The Canadian Leica rep was in their store today showing their full product line and I had a chance to speak with him.  The only information he added is that North America, in general, is not getting a lot of M10s (relative to orders).

• Like 1

I ordered the M10 from Vistek in Toronto on January 23rd.   Today they phoned me with an update from Leica that delivery was now pushed back to the end of June.  Previous update was for late May and an earlier update (in February) was for the end of April.  The Canadian Leica rep was in their store today showing their full product line and I had a chance to speak with him.  The only information he added is that North America, in general, is not getting a lot of M10s (relative to orders).

Interesting. Is it because of trump? Seems odd North America is being signaled out, especially since it's a strong market for luxury products.