Availability?

dennersten

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Did you order a black M10 or silver? I ordered a black one from BH on Feb 1

He said that his "Chrome M10 is shipping tomorrow".

This is a competition as to which happens first- Eric1 gets his camera or loses it completely...

Anyone do Consumer Counseling around here? I'm worried about him.  ;)

Edited by Foxtwo

Did you order a black M10 or silver? I ordered a black one from BH on Feb 1

B & H charged my CC today, so my Chrome M10 order is shipping tomorrow. I ordered it on Jan 25 and will update the Sheet once it arrives in a few days. I have been patient and happily using my M240 in the meantime and will now have both bodies, 1 will be a backup in case either ever has to go in for service.

.....as stated, Chrome

Edited by roverover

He said that his "Chrome M10 is shipping tomorrow".

This is a competition as to which happens first- Eric1 gets his camera or loses it completely...

Anyone do Consumer Counseling around here? I'm worried about him.  ;)

Lol, it's a toss up for sure.

Hey guys, 

I preordered m10 Sliver at beginning of May and today my dealer told me is shipped!

I ordered from Leica Las Vegas!

And by the way, there should be a black M10 available at Las Vegas Leica dealer, just go to Leica website and find that dealer.

Good luck! 

Hey guys, 

I preordered m10 Sliver at beginning of May and today my dealer told me is shipped!

I ordered from Leica Las Vegas!

And by the way, there should be a black M10 available at Las Vegas Leica dealer, just go to Leica website and find that dealer.

Good luck! 

Congratulations!  Seems we are entering silly season if some dealers have cameras in stock and others are saying many months wait. I have completed spread sheet (thanks to whoever set this up) and hope someone from Distribution in Wetzlar reads it!

Pretty sure, from talking to various sources, that Leica is supporting their "flagship" and "boutique" stores first, followed by those who are merely "dealers", whatever the latter means.

The weird aspect is that I've been to a US Flagship store that doesn't seem to have the number of cameras coming in that a recent boutique is receiving. One really never knows what the level of knowledge or access of the person you are talking to possess, or is able to reveal.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

As of yesterday, these stores have a silver chrome available:

Baltic Optics in Latvia

Mennesson Photo in France

Clifton Cameras in the UK

If you live outside the EU, there is a VAT deduction of 20% off the list price. Contact them directly via email or telephone is easier than trying to buy from their online site.

I'm still holding out for a black model.

Pretty sure, from talking to various sources, that Leica is supporting their "flagship" and "boutique" stores first, followed by those who are merely "dealers", whatever the latter means.

The weird aspect is that I've been to a US Flagship store that doesn't seem to have the number of cameras coming in that a recent boutique is receiving. One really never knows what the level of knowledge or access of the person you are talking to possess, or is able to reveal.

Yeah I've heard lots of different information. Some places say they can get a camera right away and other places say it will be months. But I doubt anyone knows for sure. The "special" customers like celebrities are more likely to visit flagship stores so I could see them getting more cameras at first, then smaller stores, big stores are probably being ignored until the very end. It seems like an odd strategy to do it that way in my opinion. I wonder how much money they lose from people losing interest over having to wait.

Yeah I've heard lots of different information. Some places say they can get a camera right away and other places say it will be months. But I doubt anyone knows for sure. The "special" customers like celebrities are more likely to visit flagship stores so I could see them getting more cameras at first, then smaller stores, big stores are probably being ignored until the very end. It seems like an odd strategy to do it that way in my opinion. I wonder how much money they lose from people losing interest over having to wait.

One universal comment from Leica sellers of all stripes is that they were embarrassed about the price increase, issued while Leica is unable to deliver requisite numbers of M10 bodies. 

Not much else they could say, all things considered.

One universal comment from Leica sellers of all stripes is that they were embarrassed about the price increase, issued while Leica is unable to deliver requisite numbers of M10 bodies. 

Not much else they could say, all things considered.

Yeah, I'm sure it was embarrassing. I really think for whatever reason, maybe because there wasn't an increase in pixels or something, they didn't think m10 would be so desired. After they realized how hot it was, they wanted to suddenly up the price. Not a great thank you to customers but what can you do. The only other plausible explanation is Leica was trying to reduce demand by upping the prices they could fill current orders sooner but that seems like wishful thinking.

I have just canceled my order for a black M10 at CameraLand because one from another dealer just became immediately available. The CameraLand M10 should be coming in sometime in the next week or so. Give Joel a call.

Edited by Fake Ralph Gibson

More likely it was a marketing strategy to encourage early demand and build hype. I think Leica knew what they had.

Jeff

Of course this could have been the work of the same bean counters behind the other recent decisions to establish 5 year limits on both S lens AF issues and M9 sensor corrosion.

Jeff

I have just canceled my order for a black M10 at CameraLand because one from another dealer just became immediately available. The CameraLand M10 should be coming in sometime in the next week or so. Give Joel a call.

Already have an order there from two weeks for same thing, maybe I'll get it next week then.

Already have an order there from two weeks for same thing, maybe I'll get it next week then.

That's right! Today is the day you are supposed to have your camera! You were sticking it to the man, right?

How is your new M10 running so far? ;) ;)

Hang in there, you'll have it in time for some beautiful late winter snow scapes. Lovely time of the year for subzero imagery.

That's right! Today is the day you are supposed to have your camera! You were sticking it to the man, right?

How is your new M10 running so far? ;) ;)

Hang in there, you'll have it in time for some beautiful late winter snow scapes. Lovely time of the year for subzero imagery.

Must have me confused with someone else. I don't have an m10 yet and i don't live in a cold climate lol.

Must have me confused with someone else. I don't have an m10 yet and i don't live in a cold climate lol.

Thanks to whomever posted the cameraland tip! Put in an order for a black m10 and should arrive in next two weeks.

Hmmmm, then who is this? ^^^^^^