Leica Q / Leica Q2 MACRO image thread

I'm sort of a rust freak, and I really like this. Thanks!

BTW, there is a rust thread somewhere on this site. I don't think anyone's contributed in a while, but it would be worth finding it posting this fine example.

Rust is a new topic for me that I never considered. Now I’m challenged. Thanks. :-)

• Like 1

Beside my mother's garden

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 10

I'm sort of a rust freak, and I really like this. Thanks!

BTW, there is a rust thread somewhere on this site. I don't think anyone's contributed in a while, but it would be worth finding it posting this fine example.

So there is:  https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/282906-rust/

But only two images.   I'll make it three.  Were you thinking of some other Rust thread?

• Like 1

I couldn't find any rust, but I did find rust color on this beautiful little female Rufous hummingbird. It's almost time for them to disappear and migrate south for winter. I've greatly enjoyed photographing them this year with the Q. It's a definite challenge, but I've made it work and using the Q App Remote Control. 

• Like 17

I couldn't find any rust, but I did find rust color on this beautiful little female Rufous hummingbird. It's almost time for them to disappear and migrate south for winter. I've greatly enjoyed photographing them this year with the Q. It's a definite challenge, but I've made it work and using the Q App Remote Control. 

I'll miss your hummingbirds, but then you can always re-post them, there'll be no complaints. Thanks, they are wonderful images.

• Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

WoW!!!! :)

• Like 1

I'll miss your hummingbirds, but then you can always re-post them, there'll be no complaints. Thanks, they are wonderful images.

Thanks for the nice comments. I’ll look through my images and post some that I haven’t posted before. Birds in general and hummingbirds in particular are so interesting and varied. The Q is not a good focal length, but because the hummingbirds are so small, I can get closer to them and using the remote control on the App. All good, fun challenges. Do you have hummingbirds where you are?

Edited by Infiniumguy

Dry rose

Leica Q

• Like 6

My wife had these beautiful mums in a vase. I thought the color interesting and discovered the macro view had a lot of details. I used the Hoya 10X Macro filter and the Canon ring flash. 

• Like 11

The Q is an amazing camera. Not perfect, but amazing. I wanted to take some macro shots outside in bright light using my Canon ring flash. Because the Q syncs with a flash all the way to 1/2000 shutter speed, it was easy to make the background dark thus eliminating the ambient light. The flash then provided all the light on my macro subject. Very few cameras will sync a flash to that shutter speed. The Q does it effortlessly because of the leaf shutter in the lens. Well done Leica!

Edited by Infiniumguy
  • Like 2

Okay Ken. I'll see your Bee and raise you another one!

Edited by Infiniumguy
  • Like 11