Leica Q / Leica Q2 MACRO image thread

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Well alright, under this aspect i can agree to you. But still even this particular little foot is not full in sharp range. Ok but let´s  forget about it  ;)

Not trying to press this particular point, and I take yours entirely with the good will with which it's intended.

But it raises a really interesting point that has bedevilled photography since its very beginning. Is photography an art or a skill? Is it a replication of reality or an impression in the hand of an artist? Are absolute sharpness and focus objective goals or just one mode of expression? Vermeer vs. Cezanne...

I bring this up because for years I resisted digital photography because post-processing (indeed, even in-camera processing) seemed too artificial for me, and I continued to prefer the analogue look (similar to music lovers who still buy LPs). Finally, even while I still shoot film sometimes, I went over "to the dark side" and now i spend my leisure time reading books on Photoshop.  :)

• Like 1

But it raises a really interesting point that has bedevilled photography since its very beginning. Is photography an art or a skill? Is it a replication of reality or an impression in the hand of an artist? Are absolute sharpness and focus objective goals or just one mode of expression? Vermeer vs. Cezanne...

There we are at the point, we should ask the author of that work. How did he meant it. Does he feel that´s it´s not quiet as he wanted it. Or is it exactly that, what he was going to create...

Dimitris (merlin) the wizzard is wanted  :)

Edited by blackjag
  • Like 1

There we are at the point, we should ask the author of that work. How did he meant it. Does he feel that´s it´s not quiet as he wanted it. Or is it exactly that, what he was going to create...

Dimitris (merlin) the wizzard is wanted  :)

ah, but does the artist really know what he or she intended? It is only we critics who know the "truth."  :)

• Like 1

Oh my what have I done!!!

Sorry for igniting an argument guys! Obviously I am not satisfied almost with any of my photos and try to constantly improve. I just fount that on that particular one, the way the foot was touching the edge of the flower, the pollen on it and the fact that the bumblebee was bent over, it was an indication of "struggle" and at the same time "delicacy". It was intended to be like that, even though the foot is not super sharp. It is on a power point and it conforms to the rule of thirds (even though this is something I am struggling to overcome on some point as it is quite limiting).

But as Peter noticed it is not one of the sharpest photos obviously and I probably should place them in my "Meh" folder where I place all the ones that are not intended to see the light of internet!!! But in the end, It falls mostly on the category that Ken mentioned, the one where the expression is prioritised to correct technicalities.

In the end who cares! Its another mediocre photo of a bumblebee (out of millions on internet) that everybody is going to forget about in the next 5 minutes :)

• Like 2

Just came back from the first field test of the high tech flashlight I am developing!! I am SO excited about this thing! It is controlled using an iPhone app and it has many "unique" capabilities that there are not currently available on the market!! I am thinking to patent it!! I am now designing the case. When I finish the 3D printed prototype I will post some details! For now here are a couple of thirsty wasps taken with it :)

Full sizes: first , second

L1240676.jpg

L1240636.jpg

Edited by zampelis
  • Like 13

Just came back from the first field test of my high tech flashlight I am developing!! I am SO excited about this thing! It is controlled using an iPhone app and it has many "unique" capabilities that there are not currently available on the market!! I am thinking to patent it!! I am now designing the case. When I finish the 3D printed prototype I will post some details! For now here are a couple of thirsty wasps taken with it :)

L1240676.jpg

L1240636.jpg

Fantastic images Demitris. I’m so impressed. Please tell us about your invention when it is finished and protected. Until then, do not tell us any details. It could harm your patent application.

• Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I just fount that on that particular one, the way the foot was touching the edge of the flower, the pollen on it and the fact that the bumblebee was bent over, it was an indication of "struggle" and at the same time "delicacy". It was intended to be like that, even though the foot is not super sharp.

This is a clear statement and i respect it totally. There is no doubt about it, that this special picture is a great photographie. No offense !

• Like 1

Just came back from the first field test of the high tech flashlight I am developing!! I am SO excited about this thing! It is controlled using an iPhone app and it has many "unique" capabilities that there are not currently available on the market!! I am thinking to patent it!! I am now designing the case. When I finish the 3D printed prototype I will post some details! For now here are a couple of thirsty wasps taken with it :)

Full sizes: first , second

L1240676.jpg

L1240636.jpg

Far too sharp and in focus for my taste! :-)

Seriously, I'll take 10 of whatever you're developing!

Edited by bags27
  • Like 1

Faded

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Leica Q

• Like 10

Edited by bags27
  • Like 11

Leica Q

• Like 8

Fantastic, Dimitris! I will have nightmares tonight.

https://www.google.com/search?q=images+from+the+vincent+price+the+fly&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=Fc7IUTMNcmSd9M%253A%252C2R8D7E7vkt8HwM%252C_&usg=AFrqEzc45Pv6k3oe1h2v2X3GljI44Gr7RQ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiZspbwxbrdAhUJh-AKHULJAXcQ9QEwAHoECAQQBA#imgrc=Fc7IUTMNcmSd9M:

(I removed the image since it is not shot with Leica, and also could place the Forum in copyright law violation under German law.  I included a link to the image, though.  Stuart Nordheimer)

• Like 5

• LUF Admin changed the title to Leica Q / Leica Q2 MACRO image thread
  • LUF Admin unpinned this topic