NEW M.. This year.. This Fall...

I look forward to the new M.

But as a rangefinder camera, there is little to dislike in the M240. 

A few days ago I met a very talented photographer, and his heavily brassed-up M8. This is not the brassing that comes from careful application of sandpaper, but from - what he told me was - over 370,000 actuations. Mounted to it? A collapsible 3.5/35 Elmar.

His work is pretty impressive - 

Reminded me, as I looked at my fairly clean looking M240, that this hobby is not about buying gear.

Nonetheless, I look forward to the new M....

I'm not looking forward to the new M because I have to buy another one ( I think, you never really know ) but because the prices will drop of the M 240. The M 240 as a second body will become more affordeble. As for the brassing: It depends on the way you handle the M how much will appear in a relatively short time and the material.

There is no new M this fall. Posting to this thread is a waste of time.

Aw, sh1t...

You're right. It is a shame. I like the M's handling. But I road tested an S 007 recently. I'm not an SLR fan (hence the original move in the '90s to an M), but the S 007 and 70mm is way ahead in image quality vs. the M240. Given the S's image quality, it could be the first SLR that won't make me miss an M (or 120 format film for that matter ..... )

I am a regular EVF user, and admitting it is not pretty, it does an adequate job in my hands. The real viewfinder on the M is still the OVF. A better EVF would not be a reason to upgrade for me. If that were the case I would be looking seriously at the SL. Which not.

My new M this year was the M-P typ 240, which I'm extremely pleased with. That'll be good enough for me for some years to come. I use it wth mostly Summilux 35 v2 and Summarit-M 75 lenses, lately, but also with Nokton 50 and Elmar-M 24 ASPH. I'll have the 'Lux six-bit coded this year. 

It's already an old friend, comfortable and easy to use. Don't need more than this in an M. 

• Like 3