NEW M.. This year.. This Fall...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I would certainly like to see an M with an EVF built in; the argument that by having a detachable one, you can upgrade to newer technology is nonsense. That's what the M240 has and there's no upgrade and there will never be one. Now that the SL has shown what an EVF can do, it makes sense to build one into an M camera.

• Like 1

Well, you could have something like the Nikon SP, with side by side view finders. On the SP, they were for wideangle and normal viewfinders. On an hypothetical M, Leica could have an RF/optical viewfinder right beside (or right above) a high res EVF. Or they could license Fuji's X100 idea of an optical finder that with the flick of a switch becomes an EVF. 

Well, you could have something like the Nikon SP, with side by side view finders. On the SP, they were for wideangle and normal viewfinders. On an hypothetical M, Leica could have an RF/optical viewfinder right beside (or right above) a high res EVF. Or they could license Fuji's X100 idea of an optical finder that with the

flick of a switch becomes an EVF. 

In one way or another the M has enough " flicks " allready IMO. Seems to me a bad idea to change a viewfinder which was already very nice since the MP viewfinder...I like seeing the reel thing instead of a very well build t.v. camera.