Advertisement (gone after registration)

The 39th black Leica M2.

Erik.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 8

Top view.

Perfect user.

Erik.

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

I was sitting in a cafe yesterday with my M2 on the table. A gentleman in his latter years came over and asked if it's the digital version! I didn't take offense. We got talking about film and his eyes lit up as he reminisced about FP3 and HP4. In the future, I wonder if any of us will romance particular sensors of old?

Pete

Edited by Stealth3kpl
  • Like 1

I was sitting in a cafe yesterday with my M2 on the table. A gentleman in his latter years came over and asked if it's the digital version! I take offense. We got talking about film and his eyes lit up as he reminisced about FP3 and HP4. In the future, I wonder if any of us will romance particular sensors of old?

Pete

I can't tell you how many friendships have begun on the streets of cities I've visited just over the M2 I'm carrying... what a conversation piece!

That alone has been worth the price of admission into club Leica.

• Like 1

Erik,

It's time for a drimmel with wire brush head and then a tin of brasso and lots of elbow grease ;) You'll have a shiny clean goldie looking M2 in no time!

Black lacquer looks lovely new I do admit but the brassing and dulled paint looks rough near the end of life (that's my view mine you, I feel alone in that thinking here).

Didn't a Paps' M2 looking just like this go for €30,000 a few years back? One could buy 10x New BP MPs for that (or one M9 Titan).

If the wear is from all your own use then that's a history book of your life long usage, quite a different matter I would think.

All the best, Lincoln

The tryptic :

• Like 5

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I've fallen victim to GAS...

Here is my newly acquired M2 button rewind. Near mint. I intend to use it for black and white film. It is a very nice machine, and without the self timer even 'cleaner' than the one I already have.

I'm suffering...

Best, Rob

• Like 3

And one more close up. Because I want to show it off. ;)

• Like 3

My M.s

• Like 5

Classic on Classic... :); my old M2 with the "light set" 35+90 I carried many times with me from 1984 to 1996...

[ATTACH]228668[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]228669[/ATTACH]

And the Summicron 50 DR which took those pics also worked a lot with her...

Is that Debussy's Le Cathedrale Engloutie?

If the wear is from all your own use then that's a history book of your life long usage, quite a different matter I would think.

In fact this camera was Inge Moraths camera from 1958. After her death and that of her husband, Arthur Miller, I could aquire the camera.

Inge Morath was a famous Magnum photographer. From about 1954 she was the assistant of Henri Cartier-Bresson. She died in 2002.

Erik.

• Like 1

In fact this camera was Inge Moraths camera from 1958. After her death and that of her husband, Arthur Miller, I could aquire the camera.

Inge Morath was a famous Magnum photographer. From about 1954 she was the assistant of Henri Cartier-Bresson. She died in 2002.

Erik.

Thank you, You should ensure that the heritage of this camera is permanently recorded and accompanies the camera as well.

Just joined the forum. Enjoying it so far,

I have used M cameras for over 30 years and progressed through various outfits over the years. I currently have a M6 outfit with 24 Elmarit M, 35 Summicron, 50 Summilux and 90 Elmarit M. Haven't been too tempted to get an M9.

Recently I was offered an M2 outfit that I could not pass up: 1958 M2 w/button rewind, 35 Summaron 3.5 (with M3 eyes), 50 DR Summicron and collapsible 90 Elmar, with MR meter and all hoods etc. The whole kit was probably purchased at one time and has been nicely kept. The body recently c&a'd. What a pleasure it is to use. You can tell how much better the old bodies and lenses were made. Just the feel of the film advance and focusing helicoids.

I like the way the 35 with eyes works on the M2. I like having space around the frame line. If I want the full viewfinder I can always pop on my Summicron.

• Like 1