Advertisement (gone after registration)

If I'm right Pete its similar to the one shown in my image, I think its an M42. I've been looking for a black one for this lens for a long while now without success.

Best wishes

Mike

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

If I'm right Pete its similar to the one shown in my image, I think its an M42. I've been looking for a black one for this lens for a long while now without success.

Best wishes

Mike

That's the fella. I'll keep my eyes pealed for a black one then we can do a swap. :D

I used my M2 today for the first time since getting it back from Malcolm Taylor. Wow, it's smooth. I thought my M6 was smooth, smoother than my MP, but this M2 is smoooooth.

Pete

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hmmm, lots of nice cameras here. I think about a M2 as well, already use a M3 and a M4-P. I know all

three cameras are the same technically, apart from the rangefinder which is different on the M3. So my

M4-P would be competing with the M2 which has only three framelines compared to 6 on the M4-P. So

apart from a nice looking camera and one ,more in my collection what would I get?

Jo

Originally Posted by mikebidwell

"If I'm right Pete its similar to the one shown in my image, I think its an M42. I've been looking for a black one for this lens for a long while now without success."

Best wishes

Mike

Every Leica dealer must have some. Ask for A 42 black front cap cat # 14285 cost around 45 euros

Just an aside to say thank you all for your help but I've now been fortunate to get a Black cap for my 90mm Tele-Elmarit with the kind help of Ivor & Elaine at Red Dot Cameras. I really have congratulate them for all the effort they put in to find me one. Thanks very much guys :)

Dammitall... I'm not sure if I'm having a Britney moment, or a Marlene moment, but I have a new "lodger"...

Body "born" 1962 (just like me :D), recently CLA'd and recovered with Cameraleather Griptac by the previous owner. The top-plate is a bit fugly, but everything else appears sound and tasty - just loading the first roll now...

Regards,

Bill

• Like 2

Hi Pete,

Good question. I actually commented on it a bit here. It's different rather than distracting - it has taken a bit of getting used to, but then I am familiar with the displays in my M7 so it wasn't too much of a wrench. Interesting to see how I get on with two chrome bodies so similar, but one metered and one without, though... ;)

Regards,

Bill

Dammitall... I'm not sure if I'm having a Britney moment, or a Marlene moment, but I have a new "lodger"...

[ATTACH]234440[/ATTACH]

Body "born" 1962 (just like me

:D), recently CLA'd and recovered with Cameraleather Griptac by the previous owner. The top-plate is a bit fugly, but everything else appears sound and tasty - just loading the first roll now...

Regards,

Bill

Great ! And with the Summaron of the version I still miss... ;)

• Like 1

Beautiful photos of beautiful works of art. I'm beginning to think the M2 would beat the MP in a beauty contest every time.

This one is also the same age as me but in better nick.

Lincoln

• Like 2

to touching :-))

regards,

Jan

Edited by telewatt
  • Like 5