Do You Have A Trouble Free M11 or M11M?

fotografr

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I've been following the threads here about freeze ups and corrupt files for quite some time. 

I'm interested in knowing if there are M11 and M11M users who have not had these problems. Please acknowledge in this thread if you have trouble free M11 and/or M11M cameras. Thanks! 

Trouble free? No. Mostly trouble free? Yes. I've had 4 freezes in 14 months with almost 5000 pictures. With v2.0.2 I have had corrupt image which I view as unacceptable but those seem to have stopped. I think think Leica needs a firmware update to 2.0.2 to address this issue but otherwise it has been OK for me.

• Thanks 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

No freezes.  No corrupt images.  Maybe lucky, maybe I'm not doing whatever it is that can cause such issues.  The only "issue" I've had was the "charge LED not illuminating when charging in camera" which was resolved with one of the firmware updates.

• Thanks 1

No lock-ups since 1.6.1 and no washed out exposures since 2.0.x but I've only been using my camera lightly. I do a hard reset after every firmware update, which I found was pretty much an undocumented necessity for stable operation, at least early on.

• Thanks 1

My M11 (used, but mint) has been absolutely fine. I’m really a very slow image maker, however, often on a tripod and with self-timer. So the opposite of someone needing  lot of buffering. Maybe that has helped? As an aside, I use Sandisk Extreme Pro UHS-ii in it. 

• Thanks 1

I have an M11 still on firmware 1.2 which has been trouble free in relation to freezing / corrupt DNG issues. 

But I also have an M11M which I purchased with firmware 2.02 on it and I've had nothing but issues with freezing AND corrupt DNG. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1