CL - The Image Thread

Advertisement (gone after registration)

same kit.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by bags27
  • Like 6

last one; same kit

• Like 10

I can now answer my own question--or at least propose a solution--to being able to use various programs as filters in PS with the CL (they all work great with the Q). Scrubbing the out of camera/camera raw dngs through adobe dng converter (a free down load) does the trick, because I'm not sure a lot of these programs yet have the CL profiles.

5 hours ago, bags27 said:

First Day on the Job

Got my CL late last week and finally getting some time (and adaptors!) to put it through its paces. A little different from the Q, but just as much fun. These were shot with a Nikkor AI-s 24mm f/2.8.  If you're looking at this, I'd appreciate your suggestions why my dngs and jpbs are fully processable in Photoshop, but not with the add-on filters, such as NIK and Luminar (no dngs, jps, or even tifs); very weird. And sorry for the bad sizing of this one.

Can you explain what you mean? I have no trouble with Nik software in PS or LR. The only problem I had was that a recent Adobe update removed the Nik software as add-ins. Reinstalling Nik from my last installation package allowed it to be used again in both.

8 hours ago, bags27 said:

First Day on the Job

Got my CL late last week and finally getting some time (and adaptors!) to put it through its paces. A little different from the Q, but just as much fun. These were shot with a Nikkor AI-s 24mm f/2.8.  If you're looking at this, I'd appreciate your suggestions why my dngs and jpbs are fully processable in Photoshop, but not with the add-on filters, such as NIK and Luminar (no dngs, jps, or even tifs); very weird. And sorry for the bad sizing of this one.

Strange - I just dragged a CL DNG onto the Luminar3 icon and it went into editing immediately. Same with Affinity BTW. You must be doing something wrong.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

2 hours ago, Boojay said:

Ah, interesting that the last Adobe update removes Nik and the like as plug ins , I have yet to do my update so will have to bear that in mind.  I only have the free version Nik Filters, probably would do me good to do without them for a while!

Anyhow, thought I would share quick snap of latest addition to the family, as he will probably be appearing quite a lot.  Percival the Whippet, eight and a half weeks old (bit of a wriggler so not very sharp), and my beautiful daughter, taken in their print shop where he has become something of a hit with the customers.  CL/TL 23

That’s a caption-worthy shot!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jaapv said:

Strange - I just dragged a CL DNG onto the Luminar3 icon and it went into editing immediately. Same with Affinity BTW. You must be doing something wrong.

Thanks, jaapv. I tried that, and I can do the same. But when I try to go to Luminar through PS, the file comes up, and then the screen immediately goes blank. Ditto with NIK, though, bizarrely, when it goes back to PS it is inverted.

7 hours ago, LocalHero1953 said:

Can you explain what you mean? I have no trouble with Nik software in PS or LR. The only problem I had was that a recent Adobe update removed the Nik software as add-ins. Reinstalling Nik from my last installation package allowed it to be used again in both.

yes, sorry. As you can see from my response to jaapv, accessing Nik or Luminar via PS results in the photo appearing for a second or two in the editing screen and then it goes dark. I can close the program and the photo is fine in PS, except inverted if I've tried to use NIK. Again, both programs work fine if I first scrub the folder in Adobe dng converter, which works very quickly on a batch. So, it's not the worst thing. I'm wondering whether using the CL plus non-Leica lenses may be the issue here.

BTW, my CL dngs cannot work in DxO Photolab 2, which I sometimes use as my raw converter. I posted this problem on DP Review, and learned that the software does not yet support the CL, which seems really strange at this point.

Edited by bags27

Playing with light - part 1
(CL+TL60/2.8 macro)

• Like 10

Playing with light - part 2
(CL+TL60/2.8 macro)

• Like 15

3 hours ago, bags27 said:

BTW, my CL dngs cannot work in DxO Photolab 2, which I sometimes use as my raw converter. I posted this problem on DP Review, and learned that the software does not yet support the CL, which seems really strange at this point.

Same on TL2, it seems to be a very low priority for DxO to support either. Its a pity, I use it at times as part of my workflow for my SL.

• Like 1

Surrealism by nature - CL and 18-56.

• Like 11

Not that anyone should care, but just to report that I solved the problem of why I couldn't open files within Luminar and NIK in PS: because I had first tried unsuccessfully to open them in DxO (which doesn't yet support the CL/TL2, but manages to change the files in the process). All works well now.

• Like 2

tree house. CL + 80-200 non-Leica zoom

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Boojay said:

Ah, interesting that the last Adobe update removes Nik and the like as plug ins , I have yet to do my update so will have to bear that in mind.  I only have the free version Nik Filters, probably would do me good to do without them for a while!

Anyhow, thought I would share quick snap of latest addition to the family, as he will probably be appearing quite a lot.  Percival the Whippet, eight and a half weeks old (bit of a wriggler so not very sharp), and my beautiful daughter, taken in their print shop where he has become something of a hit with the customers.  CL/TL 23

Both gorgeous - it's hard to say which of the two wins but maybe your daughter by a short length! I got a new kitten on Friday but I can't get her to sit still long enough to take a decent photo. 

• Thanks 1