CL - The Image Thread

Advertisement (gone after registration)

CL+18-56

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 11

CL+18-56

• Like 11

CL+18-56

• Like 7

As a makeup artist, her job is to make others look good; but she doesn't look that bad herself, IMHO. ;) 

CL + Nikkor 50 mm, f/1.4 AI

Edited by Louis
  • Like 9

3 hours ago, ruskkyle said:

Can someone explain their workflow for exporting from LR to attach here? My colour images are impossible to get under 500kb without going postage stamp size.

Thanks

What I do is export the files from any Editing product using sRGB profile. I then go to the forum's Gallery Pages and upload the photo. I always select the "No Album" option as there are limited number of albums you can use and per album only so many photos (last time I checked). Once the photo is uploaded and saved in the gallery I do the following in Safari on Mac:

- Have developer tools available via Safari Preferences ---> Advanced (bottom of that screen)

- Click on the photo in the gallery

- Right Click the image and select Inspect Element

- Now a window will open and you will have to open the little arrow that is active (starts with <div>)

- Open and you will find a link to the image (https://cdn............) right click and select copy image address

- That is the larger file you can reference in your posts by "insert media" -->Insert image from URL.

NICE AND BIG FILES WITH PROPER COLOURS ETC.

Other browsers have similar options

Chrome and Firefox: Right click and select INSPECT (or Inspect element) bring up similar panels. Bit of working it out but once you get the gist of it it becomes easier.

Sorry I can't have screenshots as they are too large to be added to text. Will try later to add them to post.

Edited by rpoppes
Uploaded screenshot
  • Like 2

CL + 55-135

• Like 8

Advertisement (gone after registration)

3 hours ago, ruskkyle said:

Can someone explain their workflow for exporting from LR to attach here? My colour images are impossible to get under 500kb without going postage stamp size.

Thanks

When exporting from Lightroom to a JPG file, there is an option to choose the maximum file size and an option the maximum pixel size (I think the forum has a limit of 1000kb as well as 1024 as the maximum pixels of the longest side).  For the lotus picture I posted above, I chose a maximum file size of 333kb and 1024 as the maximum pixel length of the exported image.  This allowed me to use 3 images per post.

Thank you both for your help. I have gone with @rpoppes' method as it makes the most sense to me! (I think your method @vikasmg might only be available in Lightroom Classic.)

Hackney Canal in early January

CL + 23mm F2

• Like 10

CL w R80 1.4

• Like 11

12 hours ago, vikasmg said:

When exporting from Lightroom to a JPG file, there is an option to choose the maximum file size and an option the maximum pixel size (I think the forum has a limit of 1000kb as well as 1024 as the maximum pixels of the longest side).  For the lotus picture I posted above, I chose a maximum file size of 333kb and 1024 as the maximum pixel length of the exported image.  This allowed me to use 3 images per post.

For mortals I believe the limits are: 1280 long side, and 500kb max file size. I have found this process frustrating too, as I took converted files and resized them as jpgs in Preview. The file size on the computer never seems to agree with the file size the forum software sees. Frankly it’s a PITA.

• Like 2

CL+18-56

• Like 6

My first pict on this forum.

CL + Leica R 2.8/180mm v2 + adapter Novoflex R/M + Leica adapter M/L. Maneuverability stay correct, but would be better with SL I guess

Edited by Capnord
  • Like 10

10 hours ago, Le Chef said:

For mortals I believe the limits are: 1280 long side, and 500kb max file size. I have found this process frustrating too, as I took converted files and resized them as jpgs in Preview. The file size on the computer never seems to agree with the file size the forum software sees. Frankly it’s a PITA.

Yes very annoying hence I went through the process of using the Gallery (as described earlier) and noticing that those images are using a Content Delivery Network for their full size.

11 hours ago, Le Chef said:

Do you have any storing site for your shots by any chance? I have Zenfolio where I store my pictures with few 1000s kb each. Then, instead of loading my shot to LUF from my computer with all the limitations imposed by LUF, I just put the direct link to my shot from Zenfolio to my post. :)

BTW, do you PITA with baba ganoush or with  hummus? ;)

2 hours ago, Louis said:

Do you have any storing site for your shots by any chance? I have Zenfolio where I store my pictures with few 1000s kb each. Then, instead of loading my shot to LUF from my computer with all the limitations imposed by LUF, I just put the direct link to my shot from Zenfolio to my post. :)

BTW, do you PITA with baba ganoush or with  hummus? ;)

It all depends on whether I have za’atar 😉

Barn Swiss mountains. CL 18-56mm, 24mm iso200 F/3.9 S1/125

• Like 7

CL+18-56

• Like 7

On 1/6/2019 at 11:28 PM, jacek kurowski said:

CL+18-56

Lovely shot and beautiful colours. How long was the exposure? I am finding the 30 second maximum exposure a real limitation for shots like this where I want smoother water.