DPReview initial take on M11

setuporg

43 minutes ago, setuporg said:

Now let's all shake our heads at the inane comments to come...

Like this one :lol: 

Is it actually true that this $9,000 camera does not have AF? I'm only asking because a few people below said that it does not have it. I'd really like to know if that is true.

Also, is there a reason why Leica could not have integrated the EVF into the body, rather than having that snap-on accessory? My six year old a6300 has one, and cost $8,000 less. How hard is it to integrate an EVF into a rangefinder style camera?

Does this camera have 4K video, add on grip, or any weather sealing? I did not see that in the specs either.

• Haha 8

IMO DPReview got this wrong;

"Another small niggle is the M11's shutter sound. Several Leica M10 variants featured a redesigned, notably quiet shutter mechanism which I had assumed would be adopted in the M11. Not so. The M11's shutter sounds to my ear exactly like a stock M10."

To my ear, this sounds exactly like the M10M/M10R Shutter...it sounds nothing like the original M10. 

• Like 3

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Never thought of this option "I had hoped that this meant Leica had added phase-detection pixels to the central zone, represented by the rangefinder patch. This might have allowed for electronic focus confirmation with the optical finder."

Not sure if it would work though.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, adli said:

Never thought of this option "I had hoped that this meant Leica had added phase-detection pixels to the central zone, represented by the rangefinder patch. This might have allowed for electronic focus confirmation with the optical finder."

Not sure if it would work though.....

It would not make sense to use OSPDAF for focus confirmation, as you do not need the speed advantage of OSPDAF over CDAF. A CDAF based focus confirmation would be nice.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, digitalfx said:

IMO DPReview got this wrong;

"Another small niggle is the M11's shutter sound. Several Leica M10 variants featured a redesigned, notably quiet shutter mechanism which I had assumed would be adopted in the M11. Not so. The M11's shutter sounds to my ear exactly like a stock M10."

To my ear, this sounds exactly like the M10M/M10R Shutter...it sounds nothing like the original M10. 

It would be great to hear M10, M10-R and M11 shutter sounds, maybe record it. I heard so many different opinion about it 

• Like 1