Availability?

dennersten

mine finally shipped from BH, good luck to the rest on this forum

After all of that drama, I am sincerely glad that you got your camera.

Probably just shipped you their demo unit to have some peace and quiet. ;) ;)

I thought the talk of these cameras being around if you looked hard enough was bull... but I found a silver at Glazer's in Seattle. Bought and shipped today. My first Leica, can't wait!

Congratulations!

I took the posts to heart and checked every day.

I was rewarded also.

Thank you again for the forum.

I found a silver M10 at District Camera in Virginia at the original price. Should get it shipped to me today!

I used the Leica page to find all dealers in the US and found quite a few stores with a few in stock - Norman Camera, Kalamazoo as Kenny posted, District Camera and possibly Samy's too. In fact, I just placed my order on Saturday and will get it in a couple of days - this after months of waiting with the more known sellers like the Leica stores in Miami, DC and las Vegas.

I think Kenmore camera had some and I perhaps another store in the Seattle area.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I found a silver M10 at District Camera in Virginia at the original price. Should get it shipped to me today!

I used the Leica page to find all dealers in the US and found quite a few stores with a few in stock - Norman Camera, Kalamazoo as Kenny posted, District Camera and possibly Samy's too. In fact, I just placed my order on Saturday and will get it in a couple of days - this after months of waiting with the more known sellers like the Leica stores in Miami, DC and las Vegas.

I think Kenmore camera had some and I perhaps another store in the Seattle area.

What "Leica Page" is he referring to? I can't seem to find a comprehensive list of dealers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I thought the talk of these cameras being around if you looked hard enough was bull... but I found a silver at Glazer's in Seattle. Bought and shipped today. My first Leica, can't wait!

Weird, I was at Glazer's last week and they had nothing in stock. Said Silver would be a couple of months at least.

Congrats Kenny and to the other new owners.

Don't forget about posting in the image thread. I love seeing what people and the camera can do. Even photos you might consider plain and boring can be interesting to others. I guess this is why tourists photograph things you wouldn't even consider photographing in your own city/country.

• Like 1

I collected my black M10 from Red Dot Cameras, London last Friday, 2nd June. I had ordered it at about 10am on the Thursday 19th January - so the morning after the official launch - and joined the waiting list at number 14 for the black camera bodies. Ivor phoned me on Thursdsy 1st June to say that it had arrived. I was interested to see that the test certificate is dated 29th May, that is only 3 days before it arrived at Red Dot Cameras.

This is now my sixth M body, the first being an M5 that I bought 42 years ago now. This isn't the place, but some time I want to identify my favourite images made with each successive M.

Martin

• Like 4

Well I have pretty much rang round everywhere listed as a UK Leica dealer on leicas website and not got anywhere, so thought I would pay it forward and save someone else the trouble!!

If anyone has any good ideas for the UK please let me know!!

Selfridges not sure I spoke to the right person, didn't seem very interested...tried harrods with no luck...most places were advising of a 3-4 month wait.

The best I found was Clifton cameras who have a wait list for black...but have forfilled all their silver pre-orders so the next arrivals will be free stock, my heart is set on black tho.

• Like 2

Well I have pretty much rang round everywhere listed as a UK Leica dealer on leicas website and not got anywhere, so thought I would pay it forward and save someone else the trouble!!

Selfridges not sure I spoke to the right person, didn't seem very interested...tried harrods with no luck...most places were advising of a 3-4 month wait.

The best I found was Clifton cameras who have a wait list for black...but have forfilled all their silver pre-orders so the next arrivals will be free stock, my heart is set on black tho.

Thank you for that I've a black on order from Harrison's but not moved up the list in the last month.

Perhaps if you're still keen now, I can give you one of the staff's email whom assisted me and very efficient with his reply. 

Harrods isnt that long the queue when I inquired, they told me about 7/8 back orders, although currently I do not know, besides buying from Harrods can get lotsa reward point for future shopping in Harrods. 

Perhaps if you're still keen now, I can give you one of the staff's email whom assisted me and very efficient with his reply. 

Harrods isnt that long the queue when I inquired, they told me about 7/8 back orders, although currently I do not know, besides buying from Harrods can get lotsa reward point for future shopping in Harrods. 

Thanks I would appreciate that :)

I just turned down a black M10 from photogalerie.com in Belgium. Call them at +32 67 33 12 66.

I think the best way to find one is not just to call but to look beyond your own country. I live in Canada and just found a black M10 in France after calling them. Then I ordered battery, visoflex and thread adapter from The Classic Camera in the UK as well. All in all - got it faster than lining up at home and also saved about $1,000 even with paying Canadian duties and taxes and shipping. How often does one hear "saving" in the same line as "Leica"?

Also: both artaphoto.com and balticoptics.lv told me directly today that they have a silver.

Call these as their websites show they have a black in stock: dgtales.com, fnac.com and photocomedie.com.

Btw, photocasion.es has good supplies of batteries and visoflex. Their battery prices are the best at 99Euros but they don't ship to North America.

• Like 1

I received my M10 yesterday from District Camera. Subsequently, I will be cancelling my pre-orders at the other places - Leica LV had me at #10 or so in line about 3 weeks ago for a silver one so that should pop down a digit.

Can't wait to take it out for a spin this weekend!