Availability?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Newbie: did you say that you placed an order with B&H for the Q on June 11 and they sent you a shipment notification for Q?

I put in an order to B&H early June myself - maybe I will hear soon too! Is the order they send them out exactly the same as the queue of the orders?

Ordered 6/11, shipped 7/30

Born on 7/15, sold on 7/25, arrived on 7/31.

I just started calling last Saturday and found LeCamera had one at a premium and Florham Village Camera had one at a slight discount.

BTW - check out my "well, that's stupid" thread I am about to post regarding the Leica 19502 Ever-Ready case.

Eric

I live in Southwest Florida and have ordered the Q from Samy's in California.  I placed the order online on July 20th, the camera was shipped yesterday on 7/31 and it should arrive here in the next few days.  

I also had placed an order with B&H on 6/21 which I now canceled.   

Good luck!

Dana

• Like 1

Finally, yesterday a Leica Q for me has arrived to the Berlin Leica Store and it will be in my hands on Wednesday I hope.

New Leica Qs are expected to arrive to Hamburg Leica Store next week. Mr.Bertram told me that there will be new arrivals according to the phone call between him and Leica, so good news for who are in the Hamburg queue. I was at the queue but now I am out  ;)

Finally, yesterday a Leica Q for me has arrived to the Berlin Leica Store and it will be in my hands on Wednesday I hope.

New Leica Qs are expected to arrive to Hamburg Leica Store next week. Mr.Bertram told me that there will be new arrivals according to the phone call between him and Leica, so good news for who are in the Hamburg queue. I was at the queue but now I am out  ;)

Congratulations :).  So how long did you wait for your camera. I am waiting already for 5 weeks, but ordered in Austria. 

• Like 1

I live in Southwest Florida and have ordered the Q from Samy's in California. I placed the order online on July 20th, the camera was shipped yesterday on 7/31 and it should arrive here in the next few days.

I also had placed an order with B&H on 6/21 which I now canceled.

Good luck!

Dana

Did Samy's told you the exact ship date when you placed order? Thanks!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Congratulations :).  So how long did you wait for your camera. I am waiting already for 5 weeks, but ordered in Austria. 

Thank you :)  I just checked the e-mails to find when I requested the reservations. I could not reach the Berlin one, but for Hamburg it was on the 9 th of July. So it is about 4 weeks of waiting. Berlin should be similar.

Edited by CYBORA
  • Like 1

I just released my second Leica Q order.  This one was to the Leica store in LA so they now have one extra.  I don't know how long their line is.  Last week I released one from Glazer Camera and it went quickly to a GetDPI member.  They open today at noon CA time.

Edited by barjohn

Did Samy's told you the exact ship date when you placed order? Thanks!

Nope.  I ordered it online and figured if they had anything to tell me they would.  I became impatient last week and called them.  They told me I was #7 in their queue and that 2-3 cameras trickle in every week or so.  My phone call to them was on Monday, July 27th.  To my surprise, I got the notification my camera shipped late on Friday 7/31 this past week.  

I should also add the other reason for my call was that I had used paypal to order the camera.  Normally, if you use a credit card, they don't charge it until the day they ship the camera.  Because I used paypal, paypal charged the entire amount right away.  I explained the situation when I called and indicated I would wait patiently until my credit card bill would be due in another few weeks.  Not sure if that moved me up in the queue or not, but #7 is not so bad, given I had placed my order on 7/21 and given what others have reported re: queues @ B&H where I was probably #100+.

Nope.  I ordered it online and figured if they had anything to tell me they would.  I became impatient last week and called them.  They told me I was #7 in their queue and that 2-3 cameras trickle in every week or so.  My phone call to them was on Monday, July 27th.  To my surprise, I got the notification my camera shipped late on Friday 7/31 this past week.  

I should also add the other reason for my call was that I had used paypal to order the camera.  Normally, if you use a credit card, they don't charge it until the day they ship the camera.  Because I used paypal, paypal charged the entire amount right away.  I explained the situation when I called and indicated I would wait patiently until my credit card bill would be due in another few weeks.  Not sure if that moved me up in the queue or not, but #7 is not so bad, given I had placed my order on 7/21 and given what others have reported re: queues @ B&H where I was probably #100+.

I placed another order on Samy's today. They told me there are 13 people in the waiting queue which is not bad. Thanks and hope I can have the same luck as yours :)

I placed another order on Samy's today. They told me there are 13 people in the waiting queue which is not bad. Thanks and hope I can have the same luck as yours :)

I placed my order at Samy's Camera (Santa Ana, CA) on 25th July and called to check, answer is "not sure"when next lot will come in....hope i get it before end August :)

Edited by mehtasunil

I have to say - this is one elusive camera.  I'm on about 5 waiting lists around the US - and have been since the end of June.  I would have thought something would have popped by now.  I've also called around and it's like the camera just doesn't exist.  One of the shops I'm waitlisted at said they haven't received a Q since June 15th - and I'm #5 on that list!  

I know Leica has notoriously had tight supply when they launch a new camera - but this seems even more so.  Maybe it's just me since I'm anxiously waiting!

In the meantime - I got a promotional e-mail from Leica yesterday telling me again about how wonderful the Q is - I took the time to respond that they could stop advertising to me until they actually have the product for purchase :)

• Like 1

I have to say - this is one elusive camera.  I'm on about 5 waiting lists around the US - and have been since the end of June.  I would have thought something would have popped by now.  I've also called around and it's like the camera just doesn't exist.  One of the shops I'm waitlisted at said they haven't received a Q since June 15th - and I'm #5 on that list!  

I know Leica has notoriously had tight supply when they launch a new camera - but this seems even more so.  Maybe it's just me since I'm anxiously waiting!

In the meantime - I got a promotional e-mail from Leica yesterday telling me again about how wonderful the Q is - I took the time to respond that they could stop advertising to me until they actually have the product for purchase :)

The Leica Boutique here in Taiwan have not had any delivery for the past month.... :( and I pre-ordered in June.