Availability?

Hopefully next week will see more inventory.  A little concerned that Leica may not be able to maintain quality assurance when they have so  many orders.  Lloyd Chambers just blasted the Q because AF failed on him on his first field trial with the camera in the mountains.  Nothing he tried would re-enable AF.  Hope this was a fluke and not a sign of things to come.  Several stores I have spoken with do not have long lists but others do.  Generally the larger better known stores do and the smaller less known do not.

Digi Direct in Melbourne just sold out and are expecting another delivery at the end of July.  Michaels on Elizabeth Street is in the same boat. 

Held the demo Q at Michaels - wow.  Just wow.  It fits and balances in the hand so nicely, and the lens isnt anywhere near as big as the pictures make it look.  The thumb groove at the back absolutely works.  Too bad it had no battery at the time!

• Like 1

I ordered a Q from the San Francisco Leica store ten days ago on July 3. They told me "two to three weeks." But it came into the store after only one week, on July 10. I canceled my pre-order from B&H, which I've had for many weeks now. Sounds like the S.F. store gets a few bodies in each week for now. 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I called Leica Store Miami today.  Even though I pre-ordered on 6/10 they estimate delivery is still 1-2 months away...   Very frustrating...

i also pre-ordered from LSM (as well as my local dealer)- I know that is not good but I was trying to save 10% in tax ($500 USD is alot to give to the city).... fortunately my local dealer came through .... i never got a straight story from LSM as to when i mine would ship......

on the other hand my local dealer was upfront  and communicative....

I do not understand why LSM is so obtuse about deliveries.....

I got mine from Leica Store Bellevue about 10 days ago...

Just came back from Leica Store Bellevue (being there a couple of hours ago, checking for accessories).

Noticed a Q sitting in the store. I was told by local Leica Rep that that is the only one unit they have.  

i also pre-ordered from LSM (as well as my local dealer)- I know that is not good but I was trying to save 10% in tax ($500 USD is alot to give to the city).... fortunately my local dealer came through .... i never got a straight story from LSM as to when i mine would ship......

on the other hand my local dealer was upfront  and communicative....

I do not understand why LSM is so obtuse about deliveries.....

I don't get it either...

I shortly will be out of the country for 5 weeks and I really wanted this camera...

Had I ordered from B&H or from any other Leica Store on 6/10 I also would have had the camera... 

And yes, if in business you can't deliver it probably wouldn't hurt to change your demeanor a little bit and be more humble and upfront and communicative...

Unless they unexpectedly come through I will most likely end up canceling my order...

I placed my order for the Q with a major US Leica Store some weeks ago. I was advised to wait several weks to months. However I am a like a little Kid...I keep checking my Email, my iPhone and looking at the front door for a package.The anticipation for this camera is killing me! I wish Leica would hurry up!!

Then you'll need a sig change you lucky *** :-)

I'm red/green colour blind.  Your comment (green on grey) was very faint, but thanks!  Your Q can't be far behind!

Edited by lucerne

I'm red/green colour blind.  Your comment (green on grey) was very faint, but thanks!  Your Q can't be far behind!

My father-in-law is too. It's pretty faint even with good colour

vision. My Q is 'WAY' behind, Red Dot yesterday told me I

was back in 13th wait position (even with 10% deposit).

So, it's pretty likely to be August at least or September

...this year (presumably).