Availability?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I do hope when you eventually get yours that you'll take the trouble to ring the remaining dealers to let them know to take you off their list.!

Totally - I have them all written down.  Not that it matters - it's not like I'm going to load up on several of them - they would call when they get to me and I'd say "thanks, already have it" and they'd move on.

i finally handled the Q yesterday and was blown away by how beautiful and functional it is.  I was thinking about it a lot before I handled it, now I think I want one!  2 - 3 month wait here in Aus I was told :( 

Now I'll have to sell all my OMD kit to afford it tho.  Should I?  I'm wondering if I'll cope ok with out a zoom - theres just a few things I'm not sure about.  And yep - I can only make that decision :)

Personally I wouldn't sell all your OM-D gear. I have an E-M1 and a range of m43 lenses and I intend to keep them since there will be times when I think I will want the flexibility of interchangeable lenses, especially the extra reach since the Q is like running my E-M1 with a 14mm (and I currently use 12mm, 17mm, 25mm, 42.5mm and 60mm lenses).

I don't like zooms but the 28mm on the Q will be too wide (and occasionally too long) for every application, so even though I intend to use it for 70-80% of my shots, it won't entirely replace my m43 setup although I do intend to sell a couple of lenses depending on which I use the most/least after I get the Q.

The E-M1 also has some features like Live Bulb, Live Composite and >30s exposure which I use far too much to give them up :)

Sympathise with your waiting, I preordered 2 months ago but still being told it will be at least October in New Zealand. Our units come via Leica Australia who are apparently trying to take over NZ distribution so aren't playing nice with the current NZ distributor. Trying to get Leica HQ involved but don't hold out much hope of things happening soon :(

Thanks, I have actually placed an order with Dale Photographic - they say their queue had been cleared, so I should be inline for next one in 4-5 weeks (hopefully!)

Wilkinsons have the camera in stock (at least they did when I posted this morning). I thought you were "trying to find one in the UK"?

Wilkinsons have the camera in stock (at least they did when I posted this morning). I thought you were "trying to find one in the UK"?

I didn't expect to find UK stock, so wasn't holding breath, finding a retailer with no queue was the next best thing.

So unfortunately I've already put down a deposit before I checked your post, but thank you.

• Like 1

This deposit business (the non-refundable ones) is simply ridiculous. I skipped over the usual sources because of this and bought it from Ace Optics which took a deposit which they'd refund on cancellation.

My dealer just took my name and number-he called when the Q arrived I went to his shop and paid.

I am not a 'big' customer. I bought an x1 5 years ago and a panaleica last year-the end. I assumed that's how all dealers operate.

• Like 1

I say yes.. Sell your OM gear! While I agreed there is no comparison when it come to flexibility in the OMs favor, I also think they're is no comparison when it comes to IQ in the Qs favor. I think the Q has the best look out of any digital camera...ever (excluding medium format) because of this new sensor combined with Leicas algorithms. So if it takes some sacrifice to get one then so be it. You build up your next camera system slowly while you master the 28mm. A great photographer will make great pictures regardless but I really think the Q is the kind of camera that could make a good photographer even better with the discipline it requires.

i finally handled the Q yesterday and was blown away by how beautiful and functional it is. I was thinking about it a lot before I handled it, now I think I want one! 2 - 3 month wait here in Aus I was told :(

Now I'll have to sell all my OMD kit to afford it tho. Should I? I'm wondering if I'll cope ok with out a zoom - theres just a few things I'm not sure about. And yep - I can only make that decision :)

Cancelled my Q preorder and got the 23mm T lens instead. Might get the M to T adapter....

I wonder how much Leica Q sales Leica is losing because of their inability to deliver...?

Probably not much with the high demand in China. Most M users have been use to waiting to get their hands on the M9 and to a lesser extent the M240. I think Leica coming out with all these new cameras has brought another wave of new customers some of which aren't use to waiting. Not just Leica, look at the Sony A7RII. They didn't even make it through the pre-order list before the first batch got snatched up, now the wait list is up to two months and that's Sony. Good things are worth the wait I think.

Edited by johnloumiles

Probably not much with the high demand in China. Most M users have been use to waiting to get their hands on the M9 and to a lesser extent the M240. I think Leica coming out with all these new cameras has brought another wave of new customers some of which aren't use to waiting. Not just Leica, look at the Sony A7RII. They didn't even make it through the pre-order list before the first batch got snatched up, now the wait list is up to two months and that's Sony. Good things are worth the wait I think.

I got the T while waiting for the Q and somehow gotten use to using the T. I got the T with the 18-56mm zoom, thinking the Q with fit the 28 (and 35mm). However great summer sales here in North Asia and that is how I ended up with the 23mm T lens. My entire T system, black body, 18-56mm, 23mm, Visioflex 020, filters, screen protector and extra battery cost me USD4,000. So, I can't see myself getting the Q anymore. 

No offense John but this would be my 4th Leica, so I am not a new customer...

I pre-ordered with Leica Store Miami on June 10th, the first day of pre-order, and I simply do not find it normal that I still don't have the camera...