Availability?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I got the T while waiting for the Q and somehow gotten use to using the T. I got the T with the 18-56mm zoom, thinking the Q with fit the 28 (and 35mm). However great summer sales here in North Asia and that is how I ended up with the 23mm T lens. My entire T system, black body, 18-56mm, 23mm, Visioflex 020, filters, screen protector and extra battery cost me USD4,000. So, I can't see myself getting the Q anymore. 

Yeah I can understand going that route. I have the T and it's a great camera, probably the most versatile camera Leica has ever made with the ability to adapt almost any lens and operate remotely via wifi app. I've attached everything from the R macro bellows to a 500mm Mirror lens. The Q has some pluses as well but if the T is right for you then thats all that matters.

No offense John but this would be my 4th Leica, so I am not a new customer...

I pre-ordered with Leica Store Miami on June 10th, the first day of pre-order, and I simply do not find it normal that I still don't have the camera...

I wasn't referring to you specifically. It definitely seems like the distribution has been incredibly uneven with some areas getting continued deliveries and others not at all and thats frustrating.  You always have the option to show Leica your displeasure by canceling your order or maybe jump on the next best new thing coming out in September..supposedly.

There are 5 available from Amazon starting at $5999 going to $9999.  Two on eBay, one at $6300 and one at $7200+.  I have no idea if anyone is actually buying these for these prices or how they got them as they are clearly not Leica authorized resellers.  I am guessing that someone must be willing to pay these prices or they wouldn't bother trying to sell them.

I was told that deliveries of the Q have declined with each subsequent month and that supply will be extremely limited through October...

For me it is hard to grasp where exactly the problem lies to be quite honest... probably a combination of high demand, labor intensive assembly and employee unavailability in Europe in July/August/September due to vacations I am guessing... 

IMO Leica could get away with this with the M because they were the only shop in town, for non-rangefinder AF cameras and to a large extent probably also new Leica customers that is going to be a lot harder I believe, not everybody is going to wait 2-3 months for a camera...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

There are 5 available from Amazon starting at $5999 going to $9999. Two on eBay, one at $6300 and one at $7200+. I have no idea if anyone is actually buying these for these prices or how they got them as they are clearly not Leica authorized resellers. I am guessing that someone must be willing to pay these prices or they wouldn't bother trying to sell them.

If they sell them at that price they make a good profit...if no one buys at that price they can always sell as new and while not making money they haven't lost anything either. My wife tells me that this type of thing goe on all the time for some LV or Chanel thingee she wants.

I was told that deliveries of the Q have declined with each subsequent month and that supply will be extremely limited through October...

For me it is hard to grasp where exactly the problem lies to be quite honest... probably a combination of high demand, labor intensive assembly and employee unavailability in Europe in July/August/September due to vacations I am guessing... 

IMO Leica could get away with this with the M because they were the only shop in town, for non-rangefinder AF cameras and to a large extent probably also new Leica customers that is going to be a lot harder I believe, not everybody is going to wait 2-3 months for a camera...

Anyone interested in a Q likely has more than 1 camera already, so what's the rush?  I don't believe wait time will dampen sales at all. It's a winner, and just maybe the scarcity makes it even more tempting.

The one on eBay is up to about $7,700. Yikes.

I continue to wait on my B&H guys to come through. In the meantime, I am using my 28mm on my D750 to get a better feel of the field of view which I am liking more.

Auction looks like an obvious shill. Buyer beware.

I am beginning to look forward to my bi-weekly notification from B&H that the camera is still on back order.   I hope I'm prepared for the eventual shock of receiving shipping notification.  ;)

I didn't order until the end of June.   I think I've at least a few more months to wait.

• Like 1