What would you do with black M4?

pmu

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Ok, I dunno why my yesterdays post similiar to this was deleted...but:

I have a excellent condition black chrome 1974 M4 body and I would like to hear your opinions what to do with it. Sure it is excellent camera, but because of it's value I am thinking that is it wise to use it...I am a user, I don't fondle my cameras. I don't care about the camera being rarer than my M6. I think I am going to sell it, but...I am in a doubt. Damn if I will later regret it!

To sell it now and get M4-P instead with couple of CV lenses or to keep it...? What do you think about the value: will it go up or down in few years?

le-camera.jpg

I was in a similar quandary several years ago. I had an M6TTL LHSA .85 viewfinder in similar condition. I used it for a few years, but eventually decided to sell it. It was almost too pretty to use and I missed the .85 viewfinder (over the .72 of my M4), but not the camera body. I replaced it with an M3 and had plenty of money left over for another lens.

Good luck with your decision.

• 3 months later...
Since you had to ask, the anser is "You'll regret selling it". So might as well keep it and use it. If a collector buys it, chances are it will not get much use. So the camera will regret it as well.

black paint much more value.

if it were mine, i'd keep it and use it.

depends how much you need lenses.

you will at some point regret it.

i have sold things, and always regret it

...I am a user, I don't fondle my cameras......

I think you've answered your own question, you don't view this camera as a normal tool, so sell it, buy somethings that you have no compunction about using and get on with your photographic life. ;)