Hi Andy,  IMHO with some cameras we have an afinity which seems to facilitate creative photographs.  The M2 does that for me more than any of the other cameras I have, but that is personal.  Many photographers better than I seem to be able to pick up any camera and take great shots.  What I like most about the M2 is the viewfinder.  My M7 "a la wheelbarrow" 0.85 has too many frames, is too big and too heavy.

Edited by hektor
  • Like 1

I’ve said before that my M2 was made exactly 9 months before I was born. It is “my” camera. 

Hasn’t been used since I got my M240, though, I’m afraid. 

I could take it out today, I suppose, if I can find any film in the house. 

Edit - I knew where the film stash was… Found loads of Neopan 1600, which isn’t suitable for today too. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

44 minutes ago, andybarton said:

Edit - I knew where the film stash was… Found loads of Neopan 1600, which isn’t suitable for today too.

Andy, try the XP2 at 200 ISO with a yellow filter.  Not having much time for film developing at the moment I like the convenience of XP2 and its results are excellent. This shot doesn't do the film justice, but gives some indication of the tonal range:

• Like 7

just ordered a new M2 serial number 9982XX button rewind.

coming tomorrow from a reputable dealer in Hamburg.

My first M2 bought from Bill here on the forum works like a dream but I just couldn't resist adding a second one as long as the prices are 'affordable'.

They're going up and up so I decided now is the time.

Will post over the weekend a portrait of my new beauty 😊

• Like 3

Just arrived!!😊🍀

• Like 11

Looks Great! Love the Button rewind, would have preferred if they would have staked with it!

vor 1 Stunde schrieb hektor:

Excellent example.

Unusual.  Botton rewind, self timer and frame selector.

Mine has just the Button Rewind, no frame selector, nor self timer and also no Iso Dial for that matter. 

• Like 1

It’s been a while since I posted my M2. It usually sports a dual range Summicron, I also have a 90mm Elmar that has seen quite a lot of use. I bought a 50mm collapsible Elmar for it about three years ago but I have to confess that I have yet to use it. I bought this lens this week, reviews are surprisingly good and I thought it could be fun, besides which I was shooting at night in NYC last weekend and even with HP5 pushed to iso 1600 f2 was barely adequate, an extra couple of stops would have been nice. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, hektor said:

Nice clean M2.  Get in touch with Sherry Krauter who is also in New York and ask her for a chrome screw for the rewind lever.

Nah, that’s part of the character of my M2, it’s been like that since I bought it, this, along with a small dent on one corner, makes it unique in a small way. 😁

Edited by mikemgb
  • Like 2

Some years ago through Sherry Krauter an M2 was located which was being broken up for parts.  Contact Sherry.

In 1973 an M2 I then had went for a swin, fortunately in fresh water (we were canoeing on the Goulburn River).

When I sent it back to Wetzlar they were only able to replace it with an M4 finder.

Good luck.

• 3 months later...

Just another Leica M2

• Like 6