SL3: real live observation :-)

Posted (edited)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

...walking around with the new SL3 and telling everybody: Hey, look at this new camera, 61MP, PDAF, flip screen, wow - and what do they answer?

"ok, nice, but your old camera looks so much better" (this really happens several times)

and what do they mean? SL Reporter  🙂   🙂   🙂   🙂   🙂 

have fun and good light!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by MediaFotografie
  • Haha 3

I get the love for the Reporter along with the two tone silver & black SL's, but...I still prefer the all black versions. This may partially be due to my earliest days learning photography when the flagship Canon and Nikon SLR's were monotone black and their lower end cousins were two tone silver & black. Or...It could just be that I love the understated elegance of black with a little red dot😊

• Like 3

On 3/24/2024 at 1:24 AM, jrp said:

Hmmmm.  A camera that has three different type faces on the front needs to make its mind up. 

You have been looking at your matching cushions and curtains at home for too long. Free yourself. There is such a thing as contrast and variety. These are design elements too.

• Haha 2

Yes, the huge branding on the SL2 and SL3 is a bit over the top for me, too.  A small piece of 3M black electrical tape over the "L E I C A" did the trick perfectly for my SL2. It matched the camera body finish perfectly. It's easily removed, leaves no residue, and does absolutely no harm.  I plan to do the same to my SL3 (if it ever arrives in my lifetime).  Follow the art conservationists' principle: do nothing irreversible.

• Like 1

Haha, some of you on this forum really crack me up... This "huge dominant double branding" on the SL3 is the same thing they did with the SL2, and with the SL.  Have you been harboring these emotional feelings for the past 9 years since the initial SL release?

It's an easy $7 fix:
https://www.amazon.com/Krylon-K02796007-Fusion-Spray-Spanish/dp/B07LFY6G3N/

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, geronimosan said:

Haha, some of you on this forum really crack me up... This "huge dominant double branding" on the SL3 is the same thing they did with the SL2, and with the SL.  Have you been harboring these emotional feelings for the past 9 years since the initial SL release?

It's an easy $7 fix:
https://www.amazon.com/Krylon-K02796007-Fusion-Spray-Spanish/dp/B07LFY6G3N/

Yes, and the fix is much easier. You can remove the white paint easily. 

Edited by la1402

So, on a more serious note, in terms of solutions, I know there are types of temporary paint. Some products easily wash off, some of it requires water but more effort with a brush to get it off (becomes more of a hard gel when applied). These are weather sealed bodies so this paint may not work well if one is constantly shooting in rain or snow, but might otherwise be a solution for those who are concerned about later resale.

1 hour ago, padam said:

Way easier still to just gaffer tape it, the right type and shape won't make it visible, and it won't decrease the resale value (even further).

I taped many of my cameras. My wife doesn’t need to know I own several SLs or Ms. Gaffer tape is my friend

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Olaf_ZG said:

I taped many of my cameras. My wife doesn’t need to know I own several SLs or Ms. Gaffer tape is my friend

Oh, she knows! But why unleash this amount of power and influence over you until the time is right?

And I do love the reporter look. Would have one of those in an SL3.

Gordon

• Like 2