POLL - SL2 / SL2-S "System Error" fault

chris_tribble

Advertisement (gone after registration)

3 hours ago, Coral Palm said:

@Malabito and LocalHero1953 I as well have a sticky  play button on my SL 2. When I have some time where I can get by with just one body will have it serviced. Thankfully can work around this or just think back to the film days with no play button. 😀

After my post, I looked at mine and (carefully) took a thin pointy knife to the edges of the button. It cleaned out quite a lot of gunge that was barely visible. It is much better, though not as free as the other buttons. I suspect there's a bit of sweat in there as well. A soak in isopropyl alcohol would probably sort it - if I could be sure that's all it would do!

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Coral Palm said:

@Malabito and LocalHero1953 I as well have a sticky  play button on my SL 2. When I have some time where I can get by with just one body will have it serviced. Thankfully can work around this or just think back to the film days with no play button. 😀

I encountered the same issue on my SL2. I used this contact cleaner with the spray tube attached. Shot it into the play button once on each of the four sides. One quick shot was all. The cleaner dries almost instantly on contact and it will not harm the plastic on the camera. I did this two months ago. Never had it stick since. 

• Thanks 1

@incar—thanks for the tip will try this when back to USA. Buying a can of this stuff far cheaper than the postage sending camera off to Leica, lot quicker than waiting forever for camera to return as well. 

• Like 1