M6 2022 - Availability?

• 2 weeks later...
vor 6 Stunden schrieb Mr.Prime:

I’ve had two email notifications from Leica saying its on stock an both times there are none. 

Hehe... you are just too slow buddy! 😉

I have setup an email notification for an MP here in the Germany Leica online store. When I received the email I checked the website like two seconds later - it was still available. 2 minutes later it was out of stock again.

Luckily I already had received my MP at that point in time from one of the dealers.

Just crazy!!

My notification email arrived 2:58am, as I’m in Canada and my email is registered with Leica UK where I want to pay for it. Since shortages will go on for a couple of years or more, knowing Leica’s reputation, I don’t actually expect to be able to buy one and my M3 and M4 will have many more enjoyable trips.

Edited by Mr.Prime

Yesterday I received another notice from Leica UK that an M6 was available for me to purchase.  I have received three such notices within two weeks.  I tried to cancel my interest but every time I click on the appropriate button on their website, the site crashes so I keep getting notices for a camera I no longer plan to buy.  Oh well...  As I've said before, clearly they are "available."

Edited by Mikep996

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Mikep996:

Yesterday I received another notice from Leica UK that an M6 was available for me to purchase.  I have received three such notices within two weeks.  I tried to cancel my interest but every time I click on the appropriate button on their website, the site crashes so I keep getting notices for a camera I no longer plan to buy.  Oh well...  As I've said before, clearly they are "available."

The funny thing is, in the German store there is not even the option anymore to register for back in stock alerts! As I was registered not a problem but have not received any alerts since the release date anyway. Feels as if in Germany no body has been delivered yet 🥲

These email notifications pop up and by the time you click the adjacent link the M6 stash is all gone. This is from this morning.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Am 29.11.2022 um 12:14 schrieb Jewl:

The funny thing is, in the German store there is not even the option anymore to register for back in stock alerts! As I was registered not a problem but have not received any alerts since the release date anyway. Feels as if in Germany no body has been delivered yet 🥲

No, that‘s not correct. I received my M6 two weeks ago in Germany.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/5/2022 at 11:06 AM, LocalHero1953 said:

A straw in the wind.....

I ordered a new MP BP on Saturday; this morning I was told it should be delivered in January. "They are trickling in about one a month", which could mean the MP production line is still functioning, and not given over entirely to the M6.

Hi There Paul

I think it's a different production line - so the MA and MP should come through reasonably frequently still

best

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, jonoslack said:

Hi There Paul

I think it's a different production line - so the MA and MP should come through reasonably frequently still

best

That's good to hear - even though I have accumulated (and used) three Barnacks and a M4 since covid struck I am still unreasonably impatient to hear from Ivor!

• Like 1

On 1/3/2023 at 4:35 PM, LocalHero1953 said:

That's good to hear - even though I have accumulated (and used) three Barnacks and a M4 since covid struck I am still unreasonably impatient to hear from Ivor!

They certainly are coming through - I had to wait about a month for mine.

Best

• Like 1

On 12/31/2022 at 9:38 AM, mechs said:

Just put down a deposit for one in Australia and was told mid-to-late 2023. 

It does feel like quite a debacle, waiting til mid late 2023…hopeless

I’m beginning to think ‘forget it’, an M4 with an incident light meter is a better combination than an M6 with built-in reflective light meter.

Edited by Mr.Prime

7 hours ago, jonoslack said:

They certainly are coming through - I had to wait about a month for mine.

Best

Have you had any of the issues with your new M6 that have been reported in other threads on this forum?  Namely, film scratches or shutter issues? Just curious how widespread these issues might be. 

25 minutes ago, Mr.Prime said:

It might be a blessing in disguise.  Maybe it'll give Leica a chance to resolve some of the teething problems with the new camera.  

10 hours ago, Mr.Prime said:

I’m beginning to think ‘forget it’, an M4 with an incident light meter is a better combination than an M6 with built-in reflective light meter.

9 hours ago, logan2z said:

It might be a blessing in disguise.  Maybe it'll give Leica a chance to resolve some of the teething problems with the new camera.  

I woke up the other day and remembered how much I disliked my classic M6 and all the reasons why I sold it. So I called the Leica store and canceled my pre-order.

Instead, I decided to order an MP thinking it would take a few months for it to arrive. To my great surprise, the store had one waiting to be picked up by a customer who, for whatever reason, wasn't willing or able to pick it up for the foreseeable future. So I walked out of the store with a brand new BP MP and I'm stoked.

Edited by mechs
  • Like 11