M6 2022 - Availability?

22 minutes ago, Huss said:

One lucky soul here got one.  I placed and paid for my order the day it was announced, and just got an email from the dealer saying sometime next year!

I don't know if I would've given them money with no guarantee of when it becomes available.  They're effectively holding your money for months!  I put myself on the Miami Leica wait list.

40 minutes ago, cj3209 said:

I don't know if I would've given them money with no guarantee of when it becomes available.  They're effectively holding your money for months!  I put myself on the Miami Leica wait list.

Definitely if I bought it in the US.  But I ordered it from the UK just after the pound collapsed which made the exchange rates very favorable.

But... not so keen on the no idea when they'll get them message.  So we'll see.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, cj3209 said:

Yes, but a deposit freezes the price.

So the all new supply chain is broken too?

Christmas is going to suck this year...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by logan2z
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, logan2z said:

So the all new supply chain is broken too?

Christmas is going to suck this year...

No, remember “all new parts not at all just an MP under the skin, no sirree bob this M6 is totally redesigned with bits we are making..”

• Like 1

I ordered mine on the UK Leica site yesterday morning and it will arrive on Wednesday and has been shipped from Germany.

For about 45 minutes they were available but unusually quite early in the day, so I suspect people might not have seen their ‘in stock’ emails until too late.

I think I might possibly be one of the first in the UK/Europe. 

• Like 2

Purchased mine at calumetphoto in Germany (online) (paid already). The website says ready to ship in 5-15 business days. Gave them a call as well but they do not have detailed information. So keeping my fingers crossed they will receive some bodies from Leica in the upcoming 2 weeks! But to be honest, I am not that confident If I read this post 😉

1 hour ago, SJH said:

I ordered mine on the UK Leica site yesterday morning and it will arrive on Wednesday and has been shipped from Germany.

For about 45 minutes they were available but unusually quite early in the day, so I suspect people might not have seen their ‘in stock’ emails until too late.

@SJH so you’re the one … I set up an email alert with Leica UK, for when they were in stock, by the time I got to the website it was gone.  A matter of 30 seconds. 

if they’re not in limited supply I’ll wait a while for the rush to die. 

Edited by OThomas

7 hours ago, Jewl said:

Purchased mine at calumetphoto in Germany (online) (paid already). The website says ready to ship in 5-15 business days. Gave them a call as well but they do not have detailed information. So keeping my fingers crossed they will receive some bodies from Leica in the upcoming 2 weeks! But to be honest, I am not that confident If I read this post 😉

When I paid for mine, Leica Manchester has a similar message, but I think it is a generic message that shows for whatever you order.

Because they have no idea when they are getting any.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, SJH said:

1. Congrats!

2. This is a strange way of doing business.  Official Leica dealers already have paid orders from 2 weeks ago, but Leica is ignoring those and shipping to whoever happens to click on their store the morning they get an announcement?

4 minutes ago, Huss said:

1. Congrats!

2. This is a strange way of doing business.  Official Leica dealers already have paid orders from 2 weeks ago, but Leica is ignoring those and shipping to whoever happens to click on their store the morning they get an announcement?

It's just you.

24 minutes ago, Huss said:

1. Congrats!

I can't recall what I was looking to buy, but whatever it was the Leica USA site showed it as 'in stock' and the dealer I was trying to purchase from didn't have stock and couldn't tell me when they'd have any.  I naively said "But Leica's own site says they have them in stock, can't you just get one from them?' to which I was told 'That's not how it works'.  Apparently, Leica allocates stock to dealers using some sort of strategy and keeps some stock for sale through their own site.  And Leica dealers can't just order stock from Leica when they run low.  

Since Leica maintains its own e-commerce operation and the dealers I tend to buy from aren't local to me anyway, I'm not sure what the advantage is of buying from said dealers. Theoretically, it's more personalized service but that's certainly not always the case.

• Like 1