M6 2022 - Availability?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

4 hours ago, Huss said:

They said the cleaned and adjusted the pressure plate.  Which fixed diddly squat as it still scratches the film.  I am.... upset.

Which confirms what has been stated by several people that the scratch has nothing to do with the plate. Further investigation is needed in other areas of the film path.

Edited by Matlock

10 minutes ago, Matlock said:

Which confirms what has been stated by several people that the scratch has nothing to do with the plate. Further investigation is needed in other areas of the film path.

Are you saying Leica should’ve investigated more, to see if the issue lays somewhere else within the camera instead of the pressure plate? Or suggesting that this is a user error after all?

12 minutes ago, Garantenstellung said:

Are you saying Leica should’ve investigated more, to see if the issue lays somewhere else within the camera instead of the pressure plate? Or suggesting that this is a user error after all?

This has been covered several times on various posts. The feeling among experienced users is that the problem lies elsewhere in the film path and not the pressure plate. If you re-read my post you will see that I am not suggesting user error at all.

Edited by Matlock
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Matlock said:

This has been covered several times on various posts. The feeling among experienced users is that the problems lies elsewhere in the film path and not the pressure plate. If you re-read my post you will see that I am not suggesting user error at all.

The phrase "lies elsewhere in the film path" is vague. I'm aware of the other "various posts". A problem in the film path can also mean the way a user is handling the film for example. But okay, you didn't suggest a user error. I also don't think it's a user error. If we rule out that there's something wrong with the the user or the film itself, then we're left with one possibility: there's something wrong with the camera. And then we can only conclude that Leica had to absolutely make sure that the problem got fixed when they had the camera on their repair table. 

Edited by Garantenstellung

3 minutes ago, Garantenstellung said:

The phrase "lies elsewhere in the film path" is vague. I'm aware of the other "various posts". A problem in the film path can also mean the way a user is handling the film for example. But okay, you didn't suggest a user error. I also don't think it's a user error. If we rule out that there's something wrong with the the user or the film itself, then we're left with one possibility: there's something wrong with the camera. And then we can only conclude that Leica had to absolutely make sure that the problem got fixed when they had the camera on their repair table. 

I think the problem lies with the claims that it is the film pressure plate and, thus, anyone seeking the cause tends to look at only the plate. Steve made a pretty valid suggestion early on but no-one else seems to have picked that up (including Leica). Several people have pointed to the four screws on later plates but that design has existed for quite some time (M7, MP, M-A and now the newM6). The screw positions don't line up with any of the examples that have been shared so far.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

9 minutes ago, Matlock said:

I think the problem lies with the claims that it is the film pressure plate and, thus, anyone seeking the cause tends to look at only the plate. Steve made a pretty valid suggestion early on but no-one else seems to have picked that up (including Leica). Several people have pointed to the four screws on later plates but that design has existed for quite some time (M7, MP, M-A and now the newM6). The screw positions don't line up with any of the examples that have been shared so far.

Yeah I also don't think it has anything to do with those screws. The film area falls within the area of the four screws. In my example, with my M-A, the scratching had something to do with the rewind mechanism. Only once I rewound my film, the scratching occurred.  Advancing the film didn't scratch the film. Luckily, in my case, receiving a new pressure plate did fix the issue for some reason. 

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Huss:

They said the cleaned and adjusted the pressure plate.  Which fixed diddly squat as it still scratches the film.  I am.... upset.

Ouf 😮💨 that‘s crazy. Idk why this is happening all the time that they say they tested it and it arrives again with the same issue… just wow. An ode to customer service. 

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Greenacres:

I got an email from my Leica dealer today to advise that my new M6 came in today and is being dispatched to me tomorrow, for delivery on Wednesday. Very much looking forward to receiving it, and hoping that it will be problem free.

Yeah! Congrats and fingers crossed 🤞🏼 hope you can enjoy it without limitations!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Greenacres said:

I got an email from my Leica dealer today to advise that my new M6 came in today and is being dispatched to me tomorrow, for delivery on Wednesday. Very much looking forward to receiving it, and hoping that it will be problem free.

I hope so!  It is a lovely camera.  Let us know how it goes.

• Like 1