Leica M11-P, when?

Telemetric

1 hour ago, RMF said:

Ok, now we have real intrigue. What possibly could/would Leica be thinking/building if the above is correct?  

M11-P in black and silver. Same thing as always happens!

Edit: Or were you being sarcastic? 🫠

Edited by hdmesa

45 minutes ago, hdmesa said:

M11-P in black and silver. Same thing as always happens!

Edit: Or were you being sarcastic? 🫠

🙂no, not being sarcastic, actually very curious. I guess I always thought that Leica maintained the manufacture and sale of the ‘Standard’ version even once the P’ version comes to market; offering the ‘P’ version at a higher premium price. Thanks

4 minutes ago, RMF said:

🙂no, not being sarcastic, actually very curious. I guess I always thought that Leica maintained the manufacture and sale of the ‘Standard’ version even once the P’ version comes to market; offering the ‘P’ version at a higher premium price. Thanks

I see. I’d still like to see it show up elsewhere as discontinued before wondering what’s happening.

• Like 1

Again, after the "celebration of photography" last week in Wetzlar without any major annoncement (no M12 etc,...), I guess the M11-P will be released between October 16th and 27th. 

2024 is the 70 years anniveresaire of Leica M. I think we will see some major product launchs. 

vor 22 Minuten schrieb M11 for me:

Good point, but M11 is only in its 3rd year in 2024.

Yes, at least we will probably have an announcement for a future roadmap of M , next 30 years… 

and the presentation of the replacement of the Leica S as a mirrorless concurrent of Hasselblad 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SiggiGun said:

Again, after the "celebration of photography" last week in Wetzlar without any major annoncement (no M12 etc,...), I guess the M11-P will be released between October 16th and 27th. 

2024 is the 70 years anniveresaire of Leica M. I think we will see some major product launchs. 

9 hours ago, M11 for me said:

Good point, but M11 is only in its 3rd year in 2024.

It all sounds like the perfect time to introduce a 70th anniversary black paint M11.
Now the question is, will it be a run of 70 units or 700 units and will it come with a lens? If so I think a black paint version of the latest close focus 50/1.4 ASPH will be the natural choice given that the original M11 was introduced with the 50

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, algrove said:

"M cameras, not made with" --what? An EVF or not made with a rangefinder? Or further back than digital? Cannot believe they are still pushing more film cameras unless its a Barnack variety.

Encouraging people to post images of M cameras, not images made with M cameras like usually.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Robert Blanko said:

Just saw by chance that the Leica store in Munich offers (inter alia) the M11 with 10% discount and thus for 7850 €. This is an indication that a better model will follow soon?

Wonder if Leica has authorized all Leica stores to discount the M11 by 10%?

9 hours ago, elmars said:

The Munich Leica store (as the ones in Berlin and Hamburg) is owned by Martin Meister. He sold them to Leica to November 1st. Till then You get 10% off. 

OK, but there is a Leica Store across the street from Franziskaner Restaurant on Maffeistrasse 4, 80333 Munchen too. I wonder if after the new yer Leica will close duplicate store locations? I bought items at the Meister store in the past and had conversations, but they were less than helpful at times which seemed contrary to the Leica ethos.

Perhaps the discount is only to reduce inventory that probably was sold to Meister at prices higher than Leica's own stores pay the parent company.

Edited by algrove