Leica M11-P, when?

Telemetric

3 hours ago, Kwesi said:

As in no P, no M, no D versions?

My crystal ball says they are on their way in the next 18-24 months.

I can see a monochrom version, and perhaps some purely cosmetic versions (easy for them to do) but I'm betting they go straight to the 12 vs making a middle model with any actual new features. Again, I could be wrong, but this seems like a new evolution for Leica and they may want to milk the basic model for as long as they can. And I'll admit I could be very wrong. 

• 8 months later...
On 2/2/2022 at 6:28 PM, paulholland27 said:

I'm seriously toying with the idea of getting an M11, I really like the improved micro detail im seeing in the images that are floating around but really finding it difficult to let go of my black M10P which, for me is the perfect looking digital M. II know this sounds mental but has anyone found a screw head that would replace the red dot? First world problems i know but...

A bit late to the party here but i thought about replacing the red dot with the black screw on my M10-R. Just beacause i LOVE the look.

Thought it was a piece of cake so asked Leica if they could do it but they said the top covers are different on the M10/M10-R vs M10-P. So i’d have to switch the whole top cover of the camera which would be quite expensive and that idea is now dead 😜

I got the chrome M11 and then removed the red dot, sprayed it mat black, sanded the 'leica' back and stuck it back on. Added black thumbs up and Artisan & Artist Strap. I love it. Just wish i could swap out the speed dial and iso dial for black ones so i can go 'reverse panda'

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Ponnefaxen said:

A bit late to the party here but i thought about replacing the red dot with the black screw on my M10-R. Just beacause i LOVE the look.

Thought it was a piece of cake so asked Leica if they could do it but they said the top covers are different on the M10/M10-R vs M10-P. So i’d have to switch the whole top cover of the camera which would be quite expensive and that idea is now dead 😜

That’s a downgrade to the P top plate 😂😂😂

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, jdlaing said:

The sensors aren’t corroding.

Sure, let's get pedantic and anal - the IR cut filters are corroding, but those are epoxied to the ceramic chip as the coverglass and left uncoated... really not a very important set of data for the mere mortals who bought the camera and got the oxidization problem.

It was absolutely and utterly Leica's problem choosing Kodak for the job. It has now been 14 years since the introduction of M9 in September 2009, here in EU the spare parts must be available for 7 years after purchase by law. Leica just did what was morally right, prolonging the solution until they thought it was viable. You are not a hero for that, just a morally righteous company. Grateful for that.

3 hours ago, Al Brown said:

It was absolutely and utterly Leica's problem choosing Kodak for the job. It has now been 14 years since the introduction of M9 in September 2009, here in EU the spare parts must be available for 7 years after purchase by law. Leica just did what was morally right, prolonging the solution until they thought it was viable. You are not a hero for that, just a morally righteous company. Grateful for that.

What year was that law put into effect?

i dont think the sensor glass is part of sensor makers responsibility, this is being done by the camera makers.

its not the sensor as a specific entity thats corroding, its the sensor glass, or something in it.

did they still replaced the whole sensor unit, it sure seems that way

please correct me if i am wrong

I’m very very new to Leicaland, picked up an M10 earlier in the year. I just didn’t stretch the funds to buy an M11 and part of me regrets it as the USB charging and longer battery life alone would be worth the upgrade for me. At the same time I LOVE the images the M10 can produce.

As for an M11P part of me thinks Leica may skip it and instead just release a some new editions of M11s with M10P styling, Safari and Reporter.

19 hours ago, SNJ Ops said:

I’m very very new to Leicaland, picked up an M10 earlier in the year. I just didn’t stretch the funds to buy an M11 and part of me regrets it as the USB charging and longer battery life alone would be worth the upgrade for me. At the same time I LOVE the images the M10 can produce.

As for an M11P part of me thinks Leica may skip it and instead just release a some new editions of M11s with M10P styling, Safari and Reporter.

No, Leica will probably release an M11p because the Leica Fanboys (myself included) will eat it up...lol...

It'll probably have the M11M features:  256gb (or higher) internal storage, blacked out logos, sapphire glass cover, and maybe a small surprise.

🤑