Best M10 Strap

Snipe10

I repeat, three times:

Harry Benz. j-Loops with hand strap Cravattes.

https://www.harrybenz.com/shop/j-loop

I bought my first j-Loop  thinking a single j-Loop could be swapped among each of my cameras. And I can. But then I liked Harry's alternative designs and colors so much  I did a repeat purchase twice. I've read someone has twenty of his straps.

But if you don't want an over the shoulder strap, you can always buy his regular strap. The over the shoulder j-Loop is great for hands free, but when I get into shooting, I unclip from it and rely on the hand strap La Cravattes.

HIs leather is Water-Buffalo. "The leather I use exclusively for my straps is Water-Buffalo, which is one of the most aggressive, toughest-hided creatures in the Animal Kingdom. It is far superior in quality to cowhide and therefore more expensive. It is stronger, tear-resistant, yet flexible and smooth. It has classic good looks and will burnish handsomely with age. Unlike cow leather Water-Buffalo does not stretch at all. Furthermore, it does not have a fleshy underside; which in fact is the very reason why cow leather straps become in a short period of time so darn slippery! – In contrast my straps won't get slippery. Ever."

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 4

This is the daily setup with the custom made 150cm leather strap and Peak Design Field Pouch attached to my belt to carry the M. One camera, one lens.

• Like 7

I actually have a new Artisan and Artist Black, Silk Rope strap 306n in 120cm, which can be worn cross body. It is soft and flexible (like leather,) but also strong.

I have these for all of my Leicas. Somehow I ordered an extra one.

Reach out if interested

-Brad

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I use Upstraps (now Journey Camera). Still have one of the older models from 15 years ago on a body. Just got one of the newer models for my M10-R BP. Nothing fancy or boutique, but the key thing is they don't slip off the shoulder, no matter how much you relax it! So a lot less one sided shrugging going on. For me a strap is ergonomics, comfort, and safety first, fashion second (or not at all).

https://journeycamera.com/camera-carry-system/small-f-friendship-pad-upstrap

I really like the Peak Design straps, which is what I used on my Sonys and have on my Q2. But people are right about the metal adjusters on the straps...if you aren't careful they could come into contact with the body, screen and/or lens (I don't like to use a lenscap). I ordered this strap from Clever Supply, which I just received today, and it's lovely. The leather is nice and supple and I could choose what length I wanted. It's a way to have my cake and eat it too, in terms of using the PD anchors, but without any metal components to damage my gear.

https://cleversupply.co/collections/quick-release-camera-straps/products/minimal-anchor-camera-strap-peak

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KateStarr said:

I really like the Peak Design straps, which is what I used on my Sonys and have on my Q2. But people are right about the metal adjusters on the straps...if you aren't careful they could come into contact with the body, screen and/or lens (I don't like to use a lenscap). I ordered this strap from Clever Supply, which I just received today, and it's lovely. The leather is nice and supple and I could choose what length I wanted. It's a way to have my cake and eat it too, in terms of using the PD anchors, but without any metal components to damage my gear.

https://cleversupply.co/collections/quick-release-camera-straps/products/minimal-anchor-camera-strap-peak

I’m a peak design anchor link fan too!  I use this strap for most of my cameras - they also do a leather wrist strap which is nice. 

https://595strapco.com/collections/leather-camera-neck-straps/products/qr-anchor-strap-leather-neck-strap

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Made a mistake of buying the wrong length for my torso size - and it's very soft along with "suspension" feeling (bounces a bit and stretches slightly under weight on)

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/28/2021 at 7:29 AM, erniethemilk said:

I’m a peak design anchor link fan too!  I use this strap for most of my cameras - they also do a leather wrist strap which is nice. 

https://595strapco.com/collections/leather-camera-neck-straps/products/qr-anchor-strap-leather-neck-strap

Thanks for sharing this. Been looking for a strap using the peak design anchors in the UK.

• Like 1

i recently use ang.leathercraft's signature ii neck strap with peak anchor

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tried yet another aftermarket strap, the Vi Vante Ultime braided strap.  It looks great and it's very nicely made/excellent quality leather.  I figured it was 'right' for my 10R BP. ;)

I used it for one day and replaced it with a good old Leica 14312 strap.  ☹️   

Just like all the other 'designer straps' I have tried, the construction/appearance gets in the way of functionality.  In this case, the braided leather becomes too "bulky" of a package and I had to often physically shift it out of the way take a picture.  So, IMO it's useless as a functional strap.  OTOH,  it's perfect for a "display camera." But I don't own one of those.

Every time I try somebody's idea of how a strap should LOOK, I end up coming back to Leica's idea of how a camera strap should WORK.  🤔 

I have to admit that the 14312's low cost and lack of any pretension seems decidedly un-Leica-like.  They probably fired the designer years ago!  :)

Edited by Mikep996
  • Like 1

My M10 is still wearing the leather strap that came in the box along with the camera.  It's light, comfortable, not too "gaudy", and feels very secure.  My second favorite is the Leica nylon strap that looks about the same, with a wide shoulder rest, and which is adjustable for length.  I probably have five or six of these now, on almost all of my cameras regardless of brand.

I've looked at these aftermarket straps for years, but can't find anything I like as much as the strap Leica made for the camera.

I liked that I can put the camera on before my light jacket or sweater, and the camera is safely tucked away until I want to use it.  

I think this is it:

M10 Neck Strap - B&H

Edited by MikeMyers
  • Like 4