T/TL/TL2 image thread

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

I am convinced that the recent TL2  firmware upgrade increased the clarity of my photos.

TL2 - 18-56

• Like 5

Junior Fifer

TL2+55-135mm

• Like 10

Eye view in Black and White - Lightroom conversion

TL2+60mm Macro-TL

• Like 9

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Orchid 

T w 55-135

• Like 12

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the note. 

I see you have really mastered the TL2.  I've come back to it, after trying the CL. I just prefer the look and feel of it. Alas, I'm in the minority but so be it.

All is good here. Summer is just about over and back into my work grind. Going in all sorts of directions with my photography gear; I come to realize I have some serious attention deficit disorder. :) 

Let's keep posting to keep this board alive!

Regards,

Rob 

• Like 1

I think the rather breathless (over)hype of those who opted for the CL has rather distorted the discussion to date - even the claims over the AF being better on the CL.

The fact is that the TL2 is better optioned all round - for me, I like the overall design paradigm of the TL2, rather than the more old-fashioned approach for the CL.  I guess if you were an X camera user, the CL is more familiar.  Small things like in camera USB charging would have me choose the TL2 over the CL any day ...

Each to their own.  My only objection to much of what has been posted by CL adopters to date is the rush to bury the TL2 - I think the might be more than a little premature.

• Like 2

I think the rather breathless (over)hype of those who opted for the CL has rather distorted the discussion to date - even the claims over the AF being better on the CL.

The fact is that the TL2 is better optioned all round - for me, I like the overall design paradigm of the TL2, rather than the more old-fashioned approach for the CL. I guess if you were an X camera user, the CL is more familiar. Small things like in camera USB charging would have me choose the TL2 over the CL any day ...

Each to their own. My only objection to much of what has been posted by CL adopters to date is the rush to bury the TL2 - I think the might be more than a little premature.

I can't agree with you more John.......I never did jump on the CL bangwagon (of course you know me I'm not the type to go out and buy anything Willynilli)..... I still use my TL2 on a regular basis especially as a back up camera for any of my other camera systems

Neil

Me with Leica P20

Edited by Guest

The fact is that the TL2 is better optioned all round - for me, I like the overall design paradigm of the TL2, rather than the more old-fashioned approach for the CL.  I guess if you were an X camera user, the CL is more familiar.  Small things like in camera USB charging would have me choose the TL2 over the CL any day ...

Each to their own.  My only objection to much of what has been posted by CL adopters to date is the rush to bury the TL2 - I think the might be more than a little premature.

I didn't see much of a rush - after all the only real difference is the viewfinder...

I would like to thank the powers that be who have combined our two CL/TL forums.  A further improvement would be to combine image pages also.  One for both CL and TL images, and one  macro page for both cameras.

Meanwhile, a  shot of my very happy Orchid with the TL2 / 18-56.  A major crop was necessary to achieve the magnification.

• Like 10

Here is one from our visit to  Bennington Potters in Vermont.. really lovely ware.  TL2 - 18-56  .. 1600 ISO f5 1/80

Edited by RickP
  • Like 7

I would like to thank the powers that be who have combined our two CL/TL forums.  A further improvement would be to combine image pages also.  One for both CL and TL images, and one  macro page for both cameras.

Working on it, Rick. One step at a time, giving the members time to get used to the new structure.

• Like 1

Great shots, Rick; more specially that superb orchid.

As you know, I also wish to have the forums merged; but in the other hand, with the crowd of the two forum merged, imagine how fast each post would be sinking and disappear, and how fast each page would jump to a new one!.... More I am thinking, more I have the feeling there will not be a winner either way!...  -_-

Any way, let us see how things would progress!

• Like 1

Meanwhile, a  shot of my very happy Orchid with the TL2 / 18-56.  A major crop was necessary to achieve the magnification.

Wow, that's an amazing amount of detail if you had to crop a lot!

Louis,

Yes, you have a good point.  I was thrilled to see the forums merge.  Perhaps we should be grateful for just that.  Jaap and Andreas have been attentive to our wishes, and I am thankful.  I guess we should leave it up to them as to where it goes from here.  They are doing a great job to make this site the best on the Net.

Meanwhile,  TL2 18-56  ISO 400   f 7.1

• Like 7