Leica M10 Monochrom Images

Likaleica

5 hours ago, LichtUndDunkelheit said:

Then frankly your humor could use more funny.

If you are referring to the original post of the photo of Pence, I can assure you it never even crossed my mind that anyone would see this as a Nazi salute. As explained in my comment with the photo, he was waving at school children. I was not trying to be humorous with that post. Sorry if you misinterpreted. When I said I was trying to be humorous, it was only in reference to my "lock him up" comment--not the photo.

Edited by fotografr
  • Like 3

35 Lux FLE

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 9

The weather for shooting has been downright rotten here for over two weeks. Flat light, heavy cloud cover, not a peep of sunlight.

50mm Summilux asph

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, fotografr said:

Danlandoni---I'm surprised, but I prefer the Monochrom results to the Tri-X. What are you using for post processing on these?

Hey! These are straight out of camera from the Monochrom and straight out of my Pakon Scanner for the Tri-X. Would be very easy to make each look like the other if needed. The resolution on the M10-M is seriously impressive though. 

For anyone that’s confused, the Monochrom images are on the left and Tri-x on right. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Danlandoni said:

Hey! These are straight out of camera from the Monochrom and straight out of my Pakon Scanner for the Tri-X. Would be very easy to make each look like the other if needed. The resolution on the M10-M is seriously impressive though. 

For anyone that’s confused, the Monochrom images are on the left and Tri-x on right. 

nice comparison! so will you be shooting more MM or Tri-x moving forward : p hehe

If you added grain and reduced contrast to the M110M images it would actually be hard to tell them apart huh!

39 minutes ago, Danlandoni said:

I don't think I've ever gotten tri x that clean and sharp, looks great, and under 20 bucks a roll :) 

Edited by hillavoider

2 hours ago, Danlandoni said:

Hard to tell from low res 72dpi images, but it almost looks like there is more shadow detail in the Tri-X images.  Also looks like Tri-X is more sensitive to red wavelengths, judging from the red Leica dot on the storefront.  What are you seeing when you look at the files and have you printed them at a reasonable size to see what the differences are?

• Like 1

I did a couple of tests with the M10M to see how sensitive the files would be to hand held shots at relatively slow shutter speeds.

The first image was 28mm Elmarit @ f/4.0, ISO 3200, 1/4 sec.

The second image was shot today at a memorial service for a friend.  28mm Elmarit @ f/6.8, ISO 1600, 1/25th sec.

Edited by fotografr
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

M10 Monochrom,  Leica Summilux-M 35mm f/1.4 ASPH

Palo Alto, CA

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Danlandoni said:

, the Monochrom images are on the left and Tri-x on right. 

Thats’s amazing, must be very good scans then. I like the triX better here because the deep shadows do have nice details where the M10M shows black massive blocks

Edited by otto.f
  • Like 1

M10 Monochrom,  Leica Summilux-M 35mm f/1.4 ASPH

Palo Alto, CA

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

vor 13 Stunden schrieb Danlandoni:

M10-Monochrom, 35mm Summilux-M vs Leica MP, 35mm Summicron-M ASPH, Tri-X-400

Thank you for this great comparision. I like the right side better.