Leica Q2 Monochrom - Image Thread

RobM

And a few buildings, sorted from clean lines to many frills

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by harmen
  • Like 19

• Like 12

• Like 13

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 11/18/2020 at 6:10 AM, Mefty said:

I've already seen a lot of very nice Q2M images posted here and elsewhere but this one really appealed to me. I'm trying to decide if I really need one since I have the M10M and a nice 28mm. Yesterday I went out with that combo and tried to get something that closely matched this image. I think the Q2M output is more pleasing, has a smoother transition between tones and a bit more dynamic range. So now I'm really on the fence. The shot I got is below.

Cheers,

Brent

Edited by fotografr

52 minutes ago, fotografr said:

I've already seen a lot of very nice Q2M images posted here and elsewhere but this one really appealed to me. I'm trying to decide if I really need one since I have the M10M and a nice 28mm. Yesterday I went out with that combo and tried to get something that closely matched this image. I think the Q2M output is more pleasing, has a smoother transition between tones and a bit more dynamic range. So now I'm really on the fence. The shot I got is below.

Cheers,

Brent

Brent, is the difference I see in these two images completely, or mainly due to the sensors in the Q2m and M10M? As far as the fence goes, go ahead and hop over it - never a question about which lenses to bring, and you can use the camera in lousy weather - like at night in the rain with the city (or other) lights with beautiful deep blacks contrasting with highlights...Oh, and seeing the image in black and white through the viewfinder should be very interesting.

8 minutes ago, billh said:

Brent, is the difference I see in these two images completely, or mainly due to the sensors in the Q2m and M10M? As far as the fence goes, go ahead and hop over it - never a question about which lenses to bring, and you can use the camera in lousy weather - like at night in the rain with the city (or other) lights with beautiful deep blacks contrasting with highlights...Oh, and seeing the image in black and white through the viewfinder should be very interesting.

Bill, I do think the difference is in the sensors and also partly the internal processing software. I'm leaning toward getting one. There's also the close up capability of the Q2M, which is very appealing.

learning to tame this beast,a mix of processing, trusting the autofocus, and where is that button that does what process. Some processing was stronger, because it was what I was envisioning, and in others come pretty close. Hope you enjoy, and open to criticism (will try to post more later if I can as reached max)

Edited by nwphil
  • Like 14