"Vader" Certainly Isn't Any Prettier

johnbuckley

1 minute ago, Chaemono said:

Smart move by Leica. The zooms will require a handgrip in order to balance well with the camera (so, Leica can sell more of those), and M lens owners will be happy about what looks like a smaller, slimmer body. 

Better have IBIS... :):)

• Like 3

Advertisement (gone after registration)

vor 17 Minuten schrieb bags27:

Did Darth have IBIS?

Scott is alluding to this: "The Force is a mysterious energy field created by life that binds the galaxy together."  As Nicci had mentioned in an earlier post, the SL2 will use the Force (magnets) to balance the sensor.

vor 48 Minuten schrieb Donzo98:

Better have a couple more MPx than the Q2/S1R.  I want to win my free brain surgery.

3 minutes ago, Chaemono said:

Scott is alluding to this: "The Force is a mysterious energy field created by life that binds the galaxy together."  As Nicci had mentioned in an earlier post, the SL2 will use the Force (magnets) to balance the sensor.

Thanks. I'm a humanist. The last mysterious force I knew of was "ether". 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, lct said:

A couple millimeters won't make it i fear. 

I wonder whether some M users were looking for an excuse and a couple of ounces and millimeters might provide that--especially as the M10 is probably not getting the new sensor for a couple more years.

Could it be parallel to the Q --> Q2, where so many were looking for a reason not to buy the Q (hate a fixed 28mm) but are suddenly buying the Q2 in droves (oh, you mean I can crop to 75mm?). 

Edited by bags27

So Vader is really true, as expected. Nokhishita is never wrong. 

I think that it will have IBIS. Because Vader without the force, is only a weirdo with a bad costume at Halloween 🎃 

May be not the super effective one of S1R. Because of size issue. But who needs a 10 stops stabilisation ? 👋

Actually it looks like that SL2 will be as big as SL. Only 1 or 2 mm shaved off.
However the outside strap ring instead of integrated one, will make SL2 wider anyway. 

No more GPS window ? No more tracking possibility ? 

SL have got 10 buttons + 2 dials + 1 joystick + 1 switch 

And surprise SL2 also got the exact same count. 

2 hours ago, Chaemono said:

... and M lens owners will be happy about what looks like a smaller, slimmer body. 

Well this M owner won't be. Largely because if If it's killer (and has a cut down version of the S3 sensor) then I guess I'll be buying two stupid expensive cameras before the end of the year.  Might have to sell a Porsche or something. These new camera introductions are beginning to cramp my style. 😅

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, Donzo98 said:

errr...... make the body substantially thinner and add IBIS and switchable LNER ? ..... they will have performed something miraculous if that transpires .... :wacko:

The existing SL is already thinner than the Nikon Z7 and Sony A7R iv. 

I fear Leica is following the well trodden path of 'reduction of photography to essentials' with just improved image quality at the expense of silly extra features like IBIS .... :(

Edited by thighslapper

SL2 is not smaller or thinner than SL. It just looks thinner with design tricks. That’s all. 

A less effective but smaller IBIS can be achieve. There are plenty of room around the sensor. No need to put everything behind it.  

• Like 1

The Leica Store in SoHo, NYC is hosting a "coming out" party on 12/17 for the new SL2. I'm considering attending even though I live outside Philadelphia.

Regards,
Bud James

Please check out my fine art and travel photography at www.budjames.photography or on Instagram at www.instagram.com/budjamesphoto.

9 minutes ago, budjames said:

The Leica Store in SoHo, NYC is hosting a "coming out" party on 12/17 for the new SL2. I'm considering attending even though I live outside Philadelphia.

Regards,
Bud James

Please check out my fine art and travel photography at www.budjames.photography or on Instagram at www.instagram.com/budjamesphoto.

The SL2 is finally coming out of the closet 🤪?!

• Haha 1