"Vader" Certainly Isn't Any Prettier

johnbuckley

I am surprised this Vader thing is still alive. There was only one rumor. And we know that most will not have it at New Year’s Eve. And that’s it. I wait a few months, maybe feb or March, maybe longer ...

And we know it is not groundbreaking new tech, the highest is ibis, maybe highres, maybe no LENR ...  🥳    maybe a clever power system like the Panasonic have ....     somehow I feel not really impressed.

As mentioned before, more of the same, higher prices, but no feeling of a great step forward.  I am more interested in the lenses or in a new phone maybe ... (new software features)  Can the IQ be a step forward (vs S1R) ? I don’t expect it.

• Thanks 1

vor 15 Minuten schrieb caissa:

I am surprised this Vader thing is still alive.

It’s like Pictionary, that’s why.

vor 17 Minuten schrieb caissa:

There was only one rumor.

And we’re trying to guess what it is about. 

vor 19 Minuten schrieb caissa:

I am more interested in the lenses or in a new phone maybe ...

You could be on to something. ‘Vader’ might be the name of the new Leica phone. It’ll come with a Lightsaber button instead of a flashlight in order to make the brand appeal to a younger audience. Leica can later upsell them an M. 😂

15 hours ago, caissa said:

And we know it is not groundbreaking new tech, the highest is ibis, maybe highres, maybe no LENR ...      

I don’t think we really “know” much at all.

After the impressive product innovation of the SL, CL, Q, they have made themselves a hard act to follow.

Let’s wait and see if they can really impress still, going head to head with not only their own products, but those of their L-mount alliance partners, and the new consumer price point in the medium format market segment.

Unlike the SL, the SL2 has to answer the mail against all-comers in a more complex market. An S1R rehoused with Leica interface, badge & price point probably won’t do the job.

I’m itching to know what Jono knows!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well gentlemen, I caved. Last day for the X1D discount and after a weekend of shooting low light situations with the need to do so quietly, I found myself thinking that the 'Blad  with its leaf shutter along side my Ms afforded a broader range of capabilities for measurably less $$$ than a 47Mpx SL2 plus optics would. Time will tell if it is a decision I'll regret, but there's alway's an M11, or perhaps an M10M as a future consolation prize. Good luck and shooting to you all, I truly hope the SL2 meets all your requirements and desires. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Tailwagger said:

Well gentlemen, I caved. Last day for the X1D discount and after a weekend of shooting low light situations with the need to do so quietly, I found myself thinking that the 'Blad  with its leaf shutter along side my Ms afforded a broader range of capabilities for measurably less $$$ than a 47Mpx SL2 plus optics would. Time will tell if it is a decision I'll regret, but there's alway's an M11, or perhaps an M10M as a future consolation prize. Good luck and shooting to you all, I truly hope the SL2 meets all your requirements and desires. 

I truly hope that Leica hits the ball out of the park with the SL2. Being in the position to buy into either camera system is a privilege and while I am personally disappointed that, yet again, the timing wasn't right for me to add a Leica to my arsenal the delay did me a favour as the X1D II does everything I want in a package which feels so comfortable in hand. And hey, I own a Hasselblad. 🥰

Leica ownership will have to wait a little longer... 🙂

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Tailwagger said:

Congrats, the X1D is epic. I'm still waiting on the SL2 as I'd like a zoom to compliment with my X1D II, but if it disappoints I might just sell the SL + 24-90 to fund the upcoming 35-75.

• Like 1

vor einer Stunde schrieb Tailwagger:

Well done. I have yet to see a FF sensor that comes close to the X1D’s sensor for DR, color depth, and malleability of files. With this idiotic leak to Nokishita that the SL2 will have the same FSI sensor as the Q2/ S1R Leica lost one customer, it seems. I, too, am waiting to see what the SL2 is about and am hopeful that the Nokishita rumor is not quite accurate. 

• Like 4

Well done, Tailwagger! I doubt you'll regret this, as the IQ is fantastic. The only thing I regret is that we won't see your photos here.

I'm waiting to see the SL2, but right now the Hassy has my heart as well. Actually, looking at a 503cx. They are absurdly cheap for the quality.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, bags27 said:

Well done, Tailwagger! I doubt you'll regret this, as the IQ is fantastic. The only thing I regret is that we won't see your photos here.

I'm waiting to see the SL2, but right now the Hassy has my heart as well. Actually, looking at a 503cx. They are absurdly cheap for the quality.

Thanks Ken. As a youth, my father shot with Hasselblads, so finally owning one after all these years makes the acquisition a little more special.  Going back to 4x3 will certainly require a bit of compositional recalibration, but then with all the extra pixels, 2x3 is only a reasonable bit of cropping away.  Regardless, I've no intention of losing my Ms and Q, so I expect you'll have to still have to suffer more of my hackery on these pages in future. 😉

• Like 1