"Vader" Certainly Isn't Any Prettier

johnbuckley

Shows are too expensive with no real gain now. Photokina just suicide themselves by going to annual rhythm. 

It is better to "pay off" or pleased youtube influencers to get raving reviews. 

Watch how many excellent reviews Q2 get, but none talk about awkward exposure compensation dial position. Confusing and hard to start video mode. Broken face detect AF. Slower than Q operation. etc...

You cannot believe any reviewers but yourself now. Even DPreview is totally biased. After being bought by Amazon. It now serves the purpose to sell as many cameras as possible. 

Edited by nicci78

3 hours ago, nicci78 said:

Shows are too expensive with no real gain now. Photokina just suicide themselves by going to annual rhythm. 

It is better to "pay off" or pleased youtube influencers to get raving reviews. 

Watch how many excellent reviews Q2 get, but none talk about awkward exposure compensation dial position. Confusing and hard to start video mode. Broken face detect AF. Slower than Q operation. etc...

You cannot believe any reviewers but yourself now. Even DPreview is totally biased. After being bought by Amazon. It now serves the purpose to sell as many cameras as possible. 

At least we have Jono :) 

On September 23rd, 2015 Leica announced an event in Wetzlar on October 20th. On that day, they officially announced the SL would be available on November 16th.

Leica Rumors appears to have been wrong about an announcement on the 24th. The only thing we really have to go on is what various Leica personnel or camera dealers have said, all of it pointing to a camera getting out the door in 2019.

I’ll repeat the one thing I was told by a Leica employee: that the camera will be physically available in the U.S. “before the end of autumn.” Autumn ends on December 20th.

Long wait...

vor 3 Stunden schrieb nicci78:

Of course, not. With the Q2 one basically pays for a lens that comes with a ‘free’ camera. Why be picky? 😂

4 minutes ago, Chaemono said:

Given that you had 5047 posts, you might know something. Or, perhaps, you were simply trying to get to 5048. 😂

I was planning on repeating my prediction on a daily basis but you’ve taken the fun out of that :) . 5048 sounds more like me than knowing something.

My gut feeling is Neil’s December. 

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Exodies:

I was planning on repeating my prediction on a daily basis but you’ve taken the fun out of that :) . 5048 sounds more like me than knowing something.

My gut feeling is Neil’s December. 

It won’t be available to all customers in all regions at the same time because demand will be so high IMO. Some will get it in December, some already in November.😀

I doubt if the Dealers actually know any more than we do. 

October 24th is 4 years to the day that the SL was officially born, so perhaps Leica will celebrate it's birthday with a new brother on the same day. 

They actually shipped the dealers demo's a week later ........ as I had mine on 4/11/15 ...... in error as my dealers hyper-efficient staff shipped it to me as it landed in the warehouse because I phoned that day enquiring about when the expected stock. The boss was unamused, but let me keep it and swapped it for a 'proper release' copy  3 weeks later. As Leica know the demo serial numbers and it's a hanging offence to sell them I had to ask Andreas to delete all the photos I had posted on the forum before I received the embarrassed and worried call from my dealer frantically telling me not to tell anyone I had an SL ..... :P

Edited by thighslapper
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, johnbuckley said:

’ll repeat the one thing I was told by a Leica employee: that the camera will be physically available in the U.S. “before the end of autumn.” Autumn ends on December 20th.

Long wait...

Still better than before the end of the year ! 😝

you can get it before Christmas 🎄 

Edited by nicci78
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, thighslapper said:

October 24th is 4 years to the day that the SL was officially born, so perhaps Leica will celebrate it's birthday with a new brother on the same day. 

They actually shipped the dealers demo's a week later ........ as I had mine on 4/11/15 ...... in error as my dealers hyper-efficient staff shipped it to me as it landed in the warehouse because I phoned that day enquiring about when the expected stock. The boss was unamused, but let me keep it and swapped it for a 'proper release' copy  3 weeks later. As Leica know the demo serial numbers and it's a hanging offence to sell them I had to ask Andreas to delete all the photos I had posted on the forum before I received the embarrassed and worried call from my dealer frantically telling me not to tell anyone I had an SL ..... :P

I too got mine a day before official release date as it was mistakenly posted a day early. However that was an official release version. 

Wilson

vor 45 Minuten schrieb thighslapper:

October 24th is 4 years to the day that the SL was officially born, [...]

Not even the guys who run the Leica store in Wetzlar know when a camera or lens will ship to customers. Their predictive power rises as we get closer to the date. But they’ve seen the SL2.