rumors SL2 with 36MP sensor only

nicci78

12 minutes ago, thighslapper said:

If this is correct I suspect GPS is under the hotshoe.

There are the same number of buttons overall ...... one lost on the back and one gained on the front (it looks dual rather than single, now) ..... but if they are using the CL pattern you have lost the long/short press functionality. I can't say I've ever been a great fan of the CL control implementation ..... I feel it's one button short.  I can see why Leica might want to harmonise things over all their models, but I'm not that convinced that dumming down is the answer. 

I'm beginning to have concerns now about LENR ....... and IBIS ...... a smaller or the same size body as before makes both a tall order unless they have stolen the insides of a Sony AR7.....

But the rear view pic lacks the 4 direction control pad of the CL/Q2/M10. Might this suggest a more touchscreen control interface a la X1D?

Jeff

Edited by Jeff S

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Bit more compact than the SL it seems (my p'shoping).

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

51 minutes ago, Chaemono said:

There are worse things than one’s own ‘C-M’ moment, the end of the SL line. 

I don’t think the M line ended when many here didn’t get what they preferred or prioritized.  There are always choices, within or outside the brand.

Jeff

18 minutes ago, Chaemono said:

That’s because those Panasonic M-mount bodies just didn’t appeal. 

Well, if these rumors on the SL2 are true, you’ll forgive me if I don’t put a lot of value in your ability to predict the fate of a camera model, let alone the overall line or market dynamics. Carry on.

Edited by Jeff S

1 hour ago, Daedalus2000 said:

Do we know if SL2 will have in body stabilization?

Had the same question but nowhere is it mentioned. If size has come down a bit I fear that IS is not included.

If all we are getting in SL2 is bump to 47MP and changing buttons on the back + rounded edges I'd have to say I'm not particularly impressed or interested. Hopefully there more to it than what we've seen so far.

I'd venture a guess that used SL's are going up and not down in value especially if SL2 is priced above $6K. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, OHW said:

The new SL2 is an absolute beauty. The molds promise fantastic manageability and only 3 buttons at the display is top nice. Who will miss the four-way joystick?

the 4 way joystick is important and useful

it still appears to be on the SL2

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by colonel
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, lct said:

I don't understand sorry. Would you mind to elaborate?

I take the point to be that with the M there was no alternative.  With an SL2, there is an S1R, and one that presumably cost half to 40% of the SL2. And then there's a potentially a Foveon to contend with as well at some point as well. 

Regardless, if LR is correct, I have to agree the SL2 will be a tougher sell, perhaps not dangerously so initially, but let's imagine things two year hence. Will there be an S2R at that point?  Will there be an SL2.2 with a new sensor to keep up?  Seems like a very difficult road for Leica to go down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1