Buying Nik collection when you already have SFX pro

Here's the relevant info from Google:

https://support.google.com/nikcollection/answer/4400822?hl=en

Many thanks. Quoting from https://support.google.com/nikcollection/answer/4400822?hl=en

"

Release Notes

Updates to the Nik Collection are made on an ongoing basis. These updates may include bug fixes, performance enhancements, new features and additional hardware or software support. All updates will be installed to the computer automatically.

Version 1.2.8 - November 10, 2014

Version number format changed, and added to all splash screens

Improved loading speed

Added option to send anonymous usage statistics to Google

Added Adobe Photoshop Elements 13 support

Fixed potential crash at startup related to GPU

Fixed potential crash related to unavailable screen color profiles

Fixed issues that could happen when loading very large images

Fixed issues related to TIFF file handling

Mac: compatibility update for Mac OS 10.9.5 and 10.10

Mac: made interface animations smoother

Windows: fixed issue with plug-ins in remote desktop sessions

Windows: fixed potential crash during software rendering

Analog Efex Pro 2: on-image editing in Double Exposure has been updated

Analog Efex Pro 2, Color Efex Pro 4, Silver Efex Pro 2: Lightroom metadata hierarchy is now preserved

Analog Efex Pro 2, Silver Efex Pro 2: fixed tiling and banding artifacts in specific setting combinations

Color Efex Pro 4: fixed potential Photoshop crash caused by broken XML files

HDR Efex Pro 2: fixed image display issue when toggling control point masks on and off

HDR Efex Pro 2: fixed alignment issue for exposure series

HDR Efex Pro 2: fixed an issue with Control Points being non-editible in Smart Objects

Silver Efex Pro 2: fixed CMD+F/CTRL+F shortcut within Photoshop for re-applying previous filter effect

Version 1.207 - July 14, 2014

Viveza 2: Fixed an issue with Control Points when using Smart Objects in Photoshop

Viveza 2 and Sharpener Pro 3: Fixed an issue of buttons being unresponsive in the Analog Efex Pro introduction screen

Changed location of installer and uninstaller log files

Windows: added Photoshop CC 2014 installer support

Version 1.204 - May 21, 2014

Updated several translations

Improved CPU detection speed

Improved OpenGL version detection for Intel GPUs

Analog Efex Pro 2: Fixed an issue with Multilens presets 8 and 9

Analog Efex Pro 2: Updated the default effect in Motion Camera

Analog Efex Pro 2 and Color Efex Pro 4: Fixed animations in the right panel

Version 1.203 - May 14, 2014

Introduces Analog Efex Pro 2:

New cameras, filters, and presets

Control points added to Photo Plate, Light Leaks, Dirt & Scratches, and Basic Adjustments filters

Additional Tilt Shift mode added to Bokeh filter

New Scale slider added in Frame filter

New inverted slider range added to Photo Plate filter

New Defocus slider added in Lens Distortion filter

New Instant Help added

Several interface changes, including updated Camera icons, a new workflow in Camera Kit, and a new Tools column in Camera drop-down menu

Version 1.111 - February 26, 2014

Mac: Fixed an issue that prevented images from loading correctly into Photoshop or Lightroom from certain locations

Mac: Fixed an issue related to the GPS and time metadata of an image in Aperture

Mac: Fixed an installation issue in which the installer would not make progress on some systems

Mac: Fixed an issue in Lightroom in which the default color space was changed to sRGB after updating to the Nik Collection

Mac: Fixed an issue in which the incorrect plug-in may have launched from Bridge

Mac: Improved video RAM detection

Dfine 2: The noise sampling boxes have been restored on Mac where they were hidden in the last version

Dfine 2: Fixed two crash scenarios, both that occurred when making selections in Dfine while it saved the edited image

Analog Efex Pro: Fixed the functionality of the Strength slider

Version 1.110 - January 21, 2014

Fixed crashes and other issues with Intel GMA GPUs on Windows and Mac OS

Fixed an issue with the progress bar causing our software's window to appear on top of other windows

Improved launch speed

Fixed an issue with preset tool tips that occurred after a preset was renamed

Several updates to translated text

Silver Efex Pro 2: Reset the default Compare "before" image to the default black and white image in Side-by-Side and Split View modes. Users who want to compare to the original colored image need to adjust the comparison state in the History browser

Color Efex Pro 4: Fixed the functionality of the Cool Ice method in Photo Stylizer

Sharpener Pro 3: Fixed an issue that occurred when working with multiple images in Aperture and using “Color Ranges” for selective sharpening that set the three custom colors to grey instead of to red/orange/blue for the second image or later

Version 1.109 - December 11, 2013

Fixed crashes with Dfine 2 when launching on Mac OS 10.6

Fixed compatibility issues with 64-bit Dfine 2, Sharpener Pro 3 and Viveza 2 on Windows 8

Fixed Aperture UI issue that might have occurred after returning to Aperture from plug-ins on Mac OS

Fixed black or white tile artifacts that might have occurred after returning to Photoshop from plug-ins

Fixed large color tiles appearing in the plug-in preview on systems with Intel HD graphics cards

Fixed GPU filtering artifacts occurring on Mac OS 10.9 with Intel HD 2000/3000 graphics cards

Fixed a Photoshop crash that might have occurred in a specific situations using the brush functionality

The preset preview will be shown at full retina resolution on supported systems

Various small retina graphic optimizations

Improved the click and drag experience when using a tablet

Analog Efex Pro: Added the affect of the Vary button to the Levels and Curves strength slider

Analog Efex Pro: Fixed the History comparison button for the initial state

HDR Efex Pro 2: Fixed a crash that might have occurred during parallel metadata loading from images

Silver Efex Pro 2: Fixed the functionality of the Toning sliders

Silver Efex Pro 2: Fixed an issue with Grain Strength visibility that depended on the preview scaling

Silver Efex Pro 2: Fixed GPU filtering artifacts, which also improved filtering speed

Version 1.108 - November 13, 2013

Fixed issues with Mac auto-update preventing updates from being installed

Added more retina graphics

Fixed the zoom shortcuts on systems with retina displays

Fixed possible shutdown issues when closing the plug-in

Fixed small UI glitches like margins in the warnings dialog or captions being slightly cut off

Fixed sticky states compatibility issue with Nik Collection 1.007 files

Analog Efex Pro: Fixed animated Help tour bubble positioning

Color Efex Pro 4: Fixed an issue with the Bi-Color User Defined color picker indicators

Version 1.107 (Windows only) - November 5, 2013

Fixed installation of MS VS C++ 2012 redistributables during auto-update

Analog Efex Pro: Performance improveent

Silver Efex Pro 2: Fixed a bug in the Film Types list

Fixed the uninstaller to remove all files from host applications on 32-bit systems

Version 1.105 - October 26, 2013

Launched Analog Efex Pro

Introduced retina support for Silver Efex Pro 2, Color Efex Pro 4, HDR Efex Pro 2 and Analog Efex Pro

Provided native 64-bit versions of Viveza 2, Sharpener Pro 3 and Dfine 2 for Lightroom on Windows

Extended language support on all plug-ins to English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese

Version 1.007 - March 28, 2013

Released Nik Collection by Google with Google branding

Unified installer so that a single installer installs all plug-ins into all host applications

"

Another useful link https://support.google.com/nikcollection/?hl=en#topic=3001406, quote: "Welcome to the Nik Collection by Google Help Center".

And another. https://support.google.com/installer/answer/98805?hl=en, quote: "Google Update is a program available for Windows that helps ensure that you have the most up-to-date, stable, and secure versions of Google applications installed on your computer."

Interesting https://tools.google.com/mac/updaterfaq.html, quote: "Google Updater for the Mac - FAQs. Google Updater for Mac has been retired because Google software, such as Desktop and Notifier, no longer require its use. If you had it installed, we did some housecleaning and automatically removed the program for you, using GoogleUpdaterGhostInstaller.pkg, in order to free up processing power on your computer."

Edited by k-hawinkler

Why don't you search your email for Nik Collection by Google <nikcollection-noreply@niksoftware.com> :D

That seems to work for me. ;)

Thanks K-H that did it. I found my original receipt. I was looking by date based on my last update which was several months later. There must have been some updates done but none since 11/19/2013. Now I will try to download it again.

• Like 1

Success K-H. I now have the latest versions which are later that the ones you posted earlier in this thread. Though Google says there is automatic updates for Mac in the background, that is not true for me. There might be something I need to do that would initiate that but I have no clue.

• Like 1

Success K-H. I now have the latest versions which are later that the ones you posted earlier in this thread. Though Google says there is automatic updates for Mac in the background, that is not true for me. There might be something I need to do that would initiate that but I have no clue.

Well, I downloaded Nik again and got the same versions as indicated in post #16 http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/2878643-post16.html, namely:

483135d1423001349-buying-nik-collection-when-you-already-nik__573x263.jpg

Did you get later versions? If so, I would be interested to find out. TIA.

Well, I downloaded Nik again and got the same versions as indicated in post #16 http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/2878643-post16.html, namely:

483135d1423001349-buying-nik-collection-when-you-already-nik__573x263.jpg

Did you get later versions? If so, I would be interested to find out. TIA.

This is what I have as well, I was comparing to your post #7 when I commented. I guess I did not see your later post. Thanks again for your help.

• Like 2